Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: A380 to JFK/ORD/IAD in Mid-March

my friend at United said while he was leaving JFK the captain said that the A380 was coming on Sunday.
    Jetblue Pilot departure announcement : "We are pleased to have some of the best flight attendants in the industry ...Unfortunately none of them are on this flight...!"

Quote Originally Posted by K9DEP
    my friend at United said while he was leaving JFK the captain said that the A380 was coming on Sunday.
    Sounds like a well informed source to me..... :roll: Go post your rumors elsewhere....

Quote Originally Posted by Nonstop2AUH
    Pity there aren't the sort of festivities here as will be at LAX, but NYC is just not an aviation-minded town.
    Well LAX *did* throw a sissy fit when the A380 was originally going to come to just JFK, so I guess they can't seem like party poopers. :lol:

(Note: I think LAX had every right to complain, given that Airbus did say LAX would be the first US city to see the A380.)
    Wings Down Under on Flightglobal

He's very wrong. This is a highly publicized event.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

A380 at JFK: March 19 and 20

According to reports, Airbus A380, reg. MSN7, will visit JFK from Frankfurt on March 19 but no time is given. At the same time, sister aircraft MSN1 is due to arrive at LAX. This reminds me of the simultaneous Concorde arrivals for the Concorde years ago. The JFK arrival will then fly on to ORD but will return the following day, March 20, before returning to Frankfurt.

Any idea which runways the Airbus A380 might come in on? i really want to be there to catch it coming in.
    Sergio has been a huge Delta Air Lines fan since 1992!!

Sergio Cardona

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos....e=1&display=15

Quote Originally Posted by Delta777LR
    Any idea which runways the Airbus A380 might come in on? i really want to be there to catch it coming in.
    I'll let you know Monday morning

At this point it's too early to know - depends on what the winds are doing. Right now, all the forecasts are saying is windy with rain and snow showers :cry:

Hey, does the A-380 fit in the big EZ-Bake Oven de-icing shed?

This site is filled with rumors of arriving aircraft everyday. And as regards to my source(s), I probably got know more people in the industry than most of you here. I usually know what I'm talking about.
    He's an F/O at United and he emailed me 3 times about it. Maybe it's not coming on Sunday and maybe (due to weather) it wont come on monday.
    Sorry, I don't believe that some random F/O at United knows more than the rest of the world when it comes to the A-380 trip to the US.

Let's start with the Associated Press:

http://www.aptn.com/aptn/website_2005/h ... tpBSEvents)/2734725A5894D5878025729F005AD59D?OpenDocument

Airbus A380 to Make First Touchdown in United States
    On 19 March 2007, the United States welcomes the world's largest commercial airliner at two of its largest international airports. The Airbus A380 development aircraft MSN7 will land at John F Kennedy International Airport (JFK), New York as part of a Commercial Route Proving exercise jointly performed with Deutsche Lufthansa.
    How about USA Today?

http://www.usatoday.com/travel/flights/ ... -nyc_x.htm

Airbus jumbo jet to make debut landings in NYC, L.A.
    LOS ANGELES (AP) — The U.S. debut of Airbus' new line of super jumbo A380 jets will include landings at New York's John F. Kennedy International Airport and Los Angeles International Airport.

On March 19, an A380 will land at Kennedy while another A380 simultaneously lands at Los Angeles, city officials said Wednesday. Specific details of the landing events were not immediately released.
    Maybe you prefer NY1 News?

http://www.ny1.com/ny1/content/index.js ... &aid=67251

Airbus To Make Inaugural U.S. Landing At JFK This Month

JFK won't be the only airport where a new super jumbo jet will make its first touchdown.

Two of Airbus' new A-380 jets will make simultaneous landings at Kennedy and Los Angeles international Airport on March 19th.
    Or maybe you trust the press release from Airbus?

http://www.airbus.com/en/presscentre/pr ... oving.html
    A380 first touchdown in the United States as part of commercial Route Proving
    12 March 2007

Two A380s will fly into two US destinations on 19th March, allowing both the East and West Coasts of North America to simultaneously welcome the world's largest commercial airliner, which is also the most technically advanced and environmentally friendly civil aircraft in the skies.

A380 development aircraft MSN7 will fly some 500 passengers to John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK), New York, as part of the Commercial Route Proving jointly performed with Deutsche Lufthansa over a 12 day period. Simultaneously, A380 test aircraft MSN1 will land at Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) as part of an airport compatibility trial, which will be performed on the spot with the assistance of Qantas Airways.
    I'll ignore the personal attacks in your post - I've promised Phil in the past that I wouldn't reply to them, so I'll give you a pass on that...but you might do well to lighten up a little. There are many people on this board with more experience and connections then you.

Quote Originally Posted by moose135
    Right now, all the forecasts are saying is windy with rain and snow showers :cry:
    The National Weather Service is still showing mostly sunny, high of 41 for Monday. Its weird how most of the weather sites are showing rain, but the National Weather Service shows it being mostly sunny.

Josh

Quote Originally Posted by jakbar
    Its weird how most of the weather sites are showing rain, but the National Weather Service shows it being mostly sunny.
    Must be those rose-colored glasses the government hands out

Let's remember, we were supposed to have the "end-of-the-world" storm today, as late as the 10pm news last night they were calling for 5-10 inches on snow on the island today. Well, there is maybe 2 inches of snow/sleet outside my house. Unless there is a major change coming I do not see another 3-8 inches coming tonight.

Just out of curiosity, if the weather does suck on Monday is anyone up for a day-trip to IAD Sunday the 25th when it's supposed to land there? Seats are still $50 each way on JetBlue...that is, if they can get you there and back in one-day. LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by moose135
    Quote Originally Posted by jakbar
    Its weird how most of the weather sites are showing rain, but the National Weather Service shows it being mostly sunny.
    Must be those rose-colored glasses the government hands out
    Those glasses must be defective, because now the National Weather Service is showing chance of rain and snow on Monday. :(

Quote Originally Posted by lijk604
    Just out of curiosity, if the weather does suck on Monday is anyone up for a day-trip to IAD Sunday the 25th when it's supposed to land there? Seats are still $50 each way on JetBlue...that is, if they can get you there and back in one-day. LOL!
    Well the A380 is scheduled to arrive at 10PM on the 25th. There's a demo flight at 11AM on the 26th before she departs at 10PM.

-Will
    Wings Down Under on Flightglobal

Quote Originally Posted by Winglets747
    Quote Originally Posted by lijk604
    Just out of curiosity, if the weather does suck on Monday is anyone up for a day-trip to IAD Sunday the 25th when it's supposed to land there?
    Well the A380 is scheduled to arrive at 10PM on the 25th. There's a demo flight at 11AM on the 26th before she departs at 10PM.

-Will
    Oh....well then...that won't work will it.