Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: A380 to JFK/ORD/IAD in Mid-March

Ah, shoot...the Orlando boys are coming. Time to leave town... That Justin guy is just too much trouble :) (How was that late flight back to MCO?)

Can't say this is 100% but expect 31L arrival with slow taxi over to T1 for parking.

Mike

If so, would inwood park be a good spot?

Wow sounds like this is gonna be a turnout with a lot of spotters. I hope the weather is going to be good, for prime shooting.
    If I were to take the air train and take it around the airport, would it pass by where it will be parked?
    Patrick O --- Staten Island, NY

Quote Originally Posted by nikon50bigma
    If I were to take the air train and take it around the airport, would it pass by where it will be parked?
    If it does park at T1, you'll be able to see some part of it. Some of the T1 gates you only see for a second or two, others a bit more. All views would be at weird angles. Hope for it to park at gate 4, 6, 8, or 10 if it does park at T1.
    Wings Down Under on Flightglobal

I'll be heading up to NY for this one as well....will be in town Sunday through Tuesday. It'll be nice to finally get to meet some of you...

-Rich

What side of Terminal 1 does DLH park at usually?

I seem to remember seeing it on both sides?
    If its on the inside then you can get a great shot- provided the sun isn't out.

Senga

Quote Originally Posted by SengaB
    What side of Terminal 1 does DLH park at usually?

I seem to remember seeing it on both sides?
    Both sides, although I generally see the LH 744 on the odd side.

Which T1 gates are capable of handling the A380?

A press release was issued for the LAX arrival stating that 24R would be used for the arrival and then detailing the taxi/parking movement. Has there been a similar press release for the JFK arrival?

http://www.sys-con.com/read/348627.htm (Check out all the details...wow)
    Wings Down Under on Flightglobal

Quote Originally Posted by mikephotos
    Ah, shoot...the Orlando boys are coming. Time to leave town... That Justin guy is just too much trouble :) (How was that late flight back to MCO?)

Can't say this is 100% but expect 31L arrival with slow taxi over to T1 for parking.

Mike
    Haha Mike. Watch out! That late return was good. First class :). Sat next to a EMB-120 captain the whole way home. Had some nice conversations. Good meal too. How was your last day in LA?

Back on topic... Anyone seen the latest weather forecast? Rain on Monday. :( Hope that changes.
    "Who said white things weren't big?" - 100-400L IS

NOAA's calling for partly cloudy, which if she comes in on the 31s on time your not going to want a bright sunny day. The sun is going to be ontop of her. Sun through clouds or light clouds will provide you with better results.

Alright its official. Looks I'll be heading up to JFK for this beast as well. Looks like I'll be the only PHLer making up though.

Closer to Monday's event depending on what the weather forcasts say I'll have to coordinate with some of the NYers to figure out exactly where I should go when I come up there. I'm not thoroughly familiar with the area.

Joe Wagner, PHL
    "I think Big Foot is blurry, that's the problem. It's not the photographer's fault. Big Foot is blurry... And that's extra scary to me, because there's a large out of focus monster roaming the countryside." - Mitch Hedburg

Re the parking at T1 the A-380 will be parking on gates 1 and 2 and there may be a decent view from the upper level departure roadway especially upon arrival.

Regards LGA777

DLH usually has a daily 747 flight that comes in on the left side of T1. It is the first gate on the side. I usually walk from T4 acroos Delta and Song's terminal sidewalks and can get a good veiw of that gate.
    Jetblue Pilot departure announcement : "We are pleased to have some of the best flight attendants in the industry ...Unfortunately none of them are on this flight...!"

A press release was issued for the LAX arrival stating that 24R would be used for the arrival and then detailing the taxi/parking movement. Has there been a similar press release for the JFK arrival?

http://www.sys-con.com/read/348627.htm (Check out all the details...wow)
    Winglets747 thanks for the details on the LA run.

24R that is gonna be an awesome vantage point - especially if you get up on the top floor of TheParkingSpot garage.

Checking out the logistics, they are really going all out for the LA arrival - even the mayor is showing up. I wonder if there will be a similar reception at JFK.

-Vik

Pity there aren't the sort of festivities here as will be at LAX, but NYC is just not an aviation-minded town. Bloombucks will probably send Dan Doctoroff or Iris Weinshall or some other junior official/flunkie (if anybody), because if he wants to see a big airplane that was made in France, he can hop in his Falcon and fly to one of his several homes around the world!

Bloombucks will probably send Dan Doctoroff or Iris Weinshall or some other junior official/flunkie (if anybody), because if he wants to see a big airplane that was made in France, he can hop in his Falcon and fly to one of his several homes around the world!
    haha... Thats true!

-Vik