Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: A380 to JFK/ORD/IAD in Mid-March

Quote Originally Posted by ILS25L
    Goodafternoon,
    According a magazine "Air and Cosmos" (French magazine), A380 MSN007 leaves Francfurt for New York with 500 passengers on board (Airbus and LH-staff). The objective is to test all crew and passengers facilities on board. Afterwards, the aircraft should fly on to Washington, Hong Kong and return to Munich.
    Greetz, Karl
    Hello Karl,

Information seems to confirm that it will go from JFK to ORD on the 20th. As for it going back to JFK after that, it sounds like it will, but its not confirmed. You are the first to mention its going to IAD and then HKG from JFK.

I just sent an email to our LH sales rep.

She says it will be in JFK on 3/21. That's the information they were given yesterday!

Mark, is that an arrival on the 21st? or will it still be on the ground on the 21st?
    Senga

Not sure Senga.

There's another thread on here that seems to have it down for an arrival on 3/19, going to ORD and back on the 20th then staying all day on the 21st, presumably for the press/travel managers. I hinted to the rep at the possibilty of getting access, but was told my manager would get an invite and not me :-(

Now if only I can bribe my manager!

Wow this A380 info is sure a mess. I hope we don't get to the day before we find out 100 percent.

Senga

I found this from the NY Times website:

An A380 airliner with about 500 passengers aboard will arrive at Kennedy International Airport from Frankfurt around noon on March 19 in a test flight to demonstrate what its operator, Lufthansa, and its manufacturer, Airbus, call the A380’s “operational maturity.”
    Phil Gengler - NYCA's "other Phil"

Want an exclusive viewing, enter the following contest. Please do not share this link on other websites or forums. This is for NYCAviation only. (If you received this link from another source, you may of course do what you please with it)

http://www.lufthansa-usa.com/A380/

The questions are really easy, use the "hints"....

Mike

I've entered butI will be in Paris on the 19th so if I win.....I guess it goes to the highest bidder.......
    Overheard on JFK TOWER - S Turns are fine, U-Turns are bad....

Thanks for the link Mike!

It has leaked out onto the forums at airliners.net now...

Word on A.net is it will be in Airbus House colors - which I think is just great.

So many want full Luftansa colors, but we'll be seeing that eventually anyway.

Tom
    "Keep 'em Flying"

Where the PARK routing crosses the Expressway Visual 31
    Anybody notice that, if you win, you have 4 hours to either respond to their phone call or e-mail. Spotter rennt.

Just my luck. I am starting my new job on Monday the 19th. Do you think my employer will look down on calling in sick on my first day. LOL.

Pete

Pete,

I feel for you. I started a new job on March 1st and can't take a sick day so soon. The worst part is that I used to have rooftop access to Terminal 9 which has a great sight line to Terminal 1's gate next to the Van Wyck. Ohh well, it would have been nice to be around for that.

Hey guys! I'm excited about the A380 coming to JFK as all of you are. But as for photography, I know this is hard to predict now, but which runway would it most likely come in on? If the 31s are in use, 31L? It's the longest runway at JFK and is also in the vicinity of T1. I'm hoping for this one.. as for lenses, which are you guys thinking about? How would wide lenses work out?

Thanks for any info =]
    Christos