Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: A380 to JFK/ORD/IAD in Mid-March

My source is still saying Monday 3/19 but the real date will be the day before Senga arrives or the day after he departs :)

Mike

You know it Mike.....Thats the way it always has to be.

I'll be there from March 17th-20th. I hope I don't have to change the times.
    Senga

Quote Originally Posted by SengaB
    Gordon, At IAD
    It probably won't be shootable at IAD once it gets on the ground unless you have "access". However if it does go to the DLH gate you can get it from the Garage.
    Senga
    I heard they were negotiating with AF for the use of their gates at IAD.

Any chance at all she would turn up at JFK on the 18th? I promised to see a friend off on the Etihad to AUH that evening and seeing the A380 and maybe meeting up with some of you would be a nice bonus!

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Turner
    Quote Originally Posted by nikon50bigma
    Monday, I thought it was a Sunday? Great no I won't be able to make it because of school.....*sigh*
    School will still be there waiting for you the next day.....

Tom
    You are 100% correct! Does anyone think it might come in Monday instead?
    Patrick O --- Staten Island, NY

Quote Originally Posted by nikon50bigma
    You are 100% correct! Does anyone think it might come in Monday instead?
    Monday is the 19th, and that is the day it is supposed to come to JFK. So far I haven't heard otherwise.

Any other word on when at JFK ?????

Will she arrive one day and leave the next?

Times?
    "my finger on the shutter button, while my eye is over my shoulder"

Quote Originally Posted by GothamSpotter
    Does anyone know if 007 is the same copy that did the media event at London?
    The A380 that flew into LHR on May 18 was F-WWDD, cn 004.

F-WWDD has been to DXB (in EK colors) and SIN (in SQ colors), and has sported LH and Ethiad titles. She's also been to Berlin, KEF..

Quite the media queen.
    Wings Down Under on Flightglobal

Goodafternoon,
    I an new here at this forum. I live in Brusels, Belgium and I am exercising the same passionate aviation-hobby on the other side of the Atlantic .

To what concerns the rumour about the A380, I found following article on AirlinersGallery ( http://airlinersgallery.blogspot.com ) :

"The A380 is coming to LAX on Monday March 19

Airbus (Toulouse) in cooperation with QANTAS Airways is bringing the Airbus A380 on a test flight to Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) on Monday March 19. This is the same day when an A380 is also expected to make its first visit to New York's JFK International Airport. Two A380s will introduce the new airliner to America. QANTAS Airways is expected to be the first A380 operator at LAX next year."

Regards, Karl

Thanks for sharing that, KC. Interesting that both Lufthansa and Qantas are involved in these events, yet the plane they're using will be delivered to Etihad. :)

Also, welcome to the boards!
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Oh, I see now, that blog was not very clear. They will be staging SIMULTANEOUS LANDINGS AT JFK AND LAX on March 19th!

Airbus Super Jumbo Jet To Debut At JFK, LAX
    Simultaneous Landings In NYC And L.A. On March 19

(CBS/AP) QUEENS The U.S. debut of Airbus' new line of super jumbo A380 jets will include landings at New York's John F. Kennedy International Airport and Los Angeles International Airport.

On March 19, an A380 will land at Kennedy while another A380 simultaneously lands at Los Angeles, city officials said Wednesday. Specific details of the landing events were not immediately released.

Los Angeles officials had recently been upset to learn that Airbus decided to inaugurate A380 flights to the United States with an initial landing in New York.

L.A. officials contended Airbus was reneging on a promise to make the first U.S. stop in Los Angeles, which kept a promise to speed up construction of new $9 million gate for the giant jet.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

the LAX landing is supposed to be at 9AM so that means JFK should be 12PM...should be nice view over at T1...

According to a.net, the LH 380 will be here from March 19-21 with a JFK-ORD-JFK turn on the 20th.

March 19 FRA JFK Deutsche Lufthansa
    March 20 JFK ORD JFK Deutsche Lufthansa
    March 21 JFK
    March 21 JFK FRA Deutsche Lufthansa

If thats accurate, then that's really damn cool.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Goodafternoon,
    According a magazine "Air and Cosmos" (French magazine), A380 MSN007 leaves Francfurt for New York with 500 passengers on board (Airbus and LH-staff). The objective is to test all crew and passengers facilities on board. Afterwards, the aircraft should fly on to Washington, Hong Kong and return to Munich.
    Greetz, Karl