Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: A380 to JFK/ORD/IAD in Mid-March

I can't get this out of my head, I am so disappointed!

Today during school I was in a slump because of this and whenever somebody asked what was up I told them and of course they did not understand whatsoever. I came up with saying it was like your favorite band playing in your backyard while you where going to be in Brazil or something.

I can care less if USAirways offewrs me a jumpseat on an A-321 the day this thing comes for me to come to work I will be at JFK not LGA
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

Just heard the 19th is pretty much set (for now), inbound around 1330. Will post if I find out more.

Mike

Dang, I was hoping they might delay it till after May so I could fly down to catch it! March is a no-go for me.
    nwa FOREVER!

do you all think it'll depart to ORD from JFK? If so, on the 19th or 20th I wonder...
    "BANK M*THER$@*#^$, BANK!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by SoPictureThis
    do you all think it'll depart to ORD from JFK? If so, on the 19th or 20th I wonder...
    Josh if you end up missing her at JFK it looks like she will be at IAD on the 25th and 26th!

Not to stir it up more, but I heard that the A380 will be coming mid-morning on February 23rd.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Not sure about that, Phil, but keep an eye out. I hear it's pretty easy to miss...

Anyway, I just got off the phone with a very reliable source who confirmed that the A380 will visit JFK on Monday, March 19, at approximately noon. It seems that it will depart at about 10pm that evening for ORD and may return to JFK later the following night on the way back to FRA.

Brian
    "My wife is an air traffic controller. I married her because I've always wanted to screw the FAA." - B. Wulle

I just read that this will be the dates/times

18.03.07: TLS - FRA /an 18:30
    20.03.07: FRA - JFK /ab 12:00
    21.03.07: JFK - ORD - JFK
    22.03.07: JFK - FRA /an 07:55
    23.03.07: FRA - NRT /ab 15:00
    25.03.07: NRT - FRA /an 15:40
    25.03.07: FRA - IAD /ab 18:00
    27.03.07: IAD - FRA / an 06:20
    27.03.07: FRA ?? - TLS

(The times (an=arrival, ab=departure) are local time in FRA.)

Not sure how reliable they are...

Phil keep us posted about the 23rd.

hmm....out of curiousity, what's your source Gordon?

so perhaps now the A380 will be visiting us on the 20th?! EXCELLENTTTT...If it departs on the 20th from FRA at 1200, that means it'll arrive at JFK around 1500! This could be GREAT news for me...dang I hope this is true!!! I trust we'll all keep each other updated if we find out anything.

- Josh

P.S. I was bored at work today and I make int'l calls all the time there, so I thought I'd take the opportunity to practice my french and call airbus headquaters to see if I could shed any light on the much anticipated arrival of the giant! I mentioned I was media (which wasn't a lie, as I work for a major travel magazine), and was connected with a very nice lady in PR. She told me although she cannot confirm any date at the moment, it has been decided that the A380 will be visiting the U.S. sometime in mid-March. Additionally, she said that dates are under discussion and will be decided upon within a week! :D

Josh,

The source does not seem very reliable at the moment, I read this off of a model aircraft forum.

Let us know if they get back to you on the dates because it would just be awesome to see the A380 at JFK rather then flying down to IAD. I mean sure I'd love to get down to IAD for a day of spotting on jet Blue and the E-190 but seeing it at my home airport would mean so much more.

AGREED! i will give them a call again maybe friday and see if any developments have been made...JFK all the way! woohoo! 8)

- J

Quote Originally Posted by mikephotos
    Just heard the 19th is pretty much set (for now), inbound around 1330. Will post if I find out more.

Mike
    Lufthansa just issued a press release that the A380 will fly from Frankfurt to JFK on 3/19. No more details on times or other routings. Press release is here http://konzern.lufthansa.com/en/html/pr ... 59/HOM&s=0

Does anyone have any information on what time the A380 will depart JFK on the 20th?

Senga