Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: A380 to JFK/ORD/IAD in Mid-March

It could be the date, since it's been mentioned before, though the guy who posted this new thread writes in all caps which lessens his credibility somewhat.

In addition to LH introducing the new model to their New York staffers, I'm guessing they will launch a full PR push with round-the-city flights for media-types as Airbus did in London today.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

airbus people have been really slow with the A380 program, so let's hope they delay the JFK flight even more cuz I'll be arriving back at JFK on March 19th at 8pm on AA from LAX...and it'd be dark, and I'd probably miss it cuz I'm sure it'd come during the day, and i'd cry, and ya...

so in conclusion...pray to the airbus gods that they bring it another day? it seems like Gordon wouldn't mind that either, huh? :P

- Josh
    "BANK M*THER$@*#^$, BANK!!!"

"Speaking on behalf of the Airbus god" It will be what it will be. Oh and come out to Long Beach for crying out loud!
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

I just hope we get an official date and time soon so I can make travel plans and get out of my classes. And I'm probably going to need to bum a ride off of someone in the area form an Airtran station, so I hope someone will be able to help me out when the time comes. Worse comes to worse, I'll walk to the best spotting location.

I just want to see this beast with my own eyes. :D
    Shoot first, ask questions later.
    dfalk.smugmug.com

Quote Originally Posted by SoPictureThis
    airbus people have been really slow with the A380 program, so let's hope they delay the JFK flight even more cuz I'll be arriving back at JFK on March 19th at 8pm on AA from LAX...and it'd be dark, and I'd probably miss it cuz I'm sure it'd come during the day, and i'd cry, and ya...

so in conclusion...pray to the airbus gods that they bring it another day? it seems like Gordon wouldn't mind that either, huh? :P

- Josh
    I would not mind one bit if the A380 was pushed back for JFK, just as long as it happens after March 24th!

If the A380 does indeed end up coming to JFK on the 19th apparently it will also be visiting ORD on the 28th on behalf of Lufthansa and my dad has already promised me that we would go see it there.

Not to imply anything but right now jet Blue is offering some nice fares to ORD on the 28th!

What time do you guys think she'll be there, at JFK?
    Patrick O --- Staten Island, NY

Quote Originally Posted by nikon50bigma
    What time do you guys think she'll be there, at JFK?
    No idea and it isn't even 100% confirmed yet that she will be coming in on the 19th.

I'm sure we will here more soon.

As per options for me and my dad to get from Dominica to JFK and then fly back from JFK to Martinique I have exhausted ever possibility! I have found flights on LIAT, American, jet Blue, US AIrways Caribbean Airlines, and Delta so far but prices are a bit high!

A monday sounds about right. But who knows. We'll see.

At least we'll know by the time it comes.

A few years back a couple of guys flew up from Florida solely on *one* lone A.net Rumor the AN-225 was coming to JFK .... It came, they saw it and nailed it.

Some guys in NY were told it wasn't coming, stayed at work and missed it.

It'll be easier to find out this time :)

Tom
    "Keep 'em Flying"

Apparently it has been verified now and it looks like 19th for JFK and 20th for ORD.

Looks like I'll be missing it... :(

For those curious about how it's been verified:
    Chicago Tribune: O'Hare to get preview of Airbus' biggest star

The Airbus A380, a double-deck airliner that can be outfitted with more than 850 seats, is tentatively set to land at O'Hare on March 20, a day after its arrival at Kennedy International Airport in New York on a test flight from Frankfurt, Germany, officials said.
    Phil Gengler - NYCA's "other Phil"

I'm coming back from MCO on the 19th landing at 4:40 I hope I can see it from the plane
    Overheard on JFK TOWER - S Turns are fine, U-Turns are bad....

somebody PLEASE post when they find out its arrival/departure times!!! That quote from the paper said that it is expect to visit ORD the day after its visit to JFK. So, it sounds like it might stay at JFK overnight on the 19th and fly to ORD on the 20th? If that was the case, it sounds like a departure shot of the A380 would be possible on the 20th...OR...do you all think its going to go back to Frankfurt, then to ORD? I wasn't sure if this was a tour purely in U.S. airspace or if it would be visiting ORD IAD and JFK from Frankfurt respectively. Anybody know?

- J
    "BANK M*THER$@*#^$, BANK!!!"

Definitely huge news, but the article still says that the dates are "tentative". And it figures...the 19th is my first day of classes after spring break. Maybe it's a blessing in disguise that I haven't bought my tickets to come home yet. :)
    "My wife is an air traffic controller. I married her because I've always wanted to screw the FAA." - B. Wulle

Quote Originally Posted by Futterman
    And it figures...the 19th is my first day of classes after spring break.
    You know how I'm going to deal with that same problem? Skip 'em! (Intro to Lit, or A380...not a hard choice here)
    Shoot first, ask questions later.
    dfalk.smugmug.com