Thread: Etihad Airways easier to shoot (daylight) come 3/25

Etihad Airways easier to shoot (daylight) come 3/25

Staring 3/25 EY101 will arrive JFK at 0830 and EY100 will depart at 1110. Will finally be able to get some great daytime shots.

Mike

Thanks for letting us know Mike!

Great news.

Ah that's awsome news Mike! That will make a really nice Hobe shot! Thanks for the info.

You're welcome guys. I'm really excited as well. I've been waiting for a nice shot if this thing on slides. Looking forward to seeing everyones shots, esp. those banks from HB.

Mike

Finally! It's a grgeous plane and I'm glad we'll get to enjoy it now.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SSSSS
    SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SSSS
    SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS....................... ...............................
    ..................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

k, fingers hurt now....but........YES!!! so excited
    "BANK M*THER$@*#^$, BANK!!!"

Very cool, that pearlescent paint looks better in the sunlight, and best in the sunshine of Abu Dhabi. Can't wait to go back and see my friends but maybe not on this as it's a haul without a stop, in the old days you pretty much HAD to stop twice, in London and Bahrain (with either BA or Gulf Air).

Something else to mention is that the flight is expected to be an A340-600 for the summer.

The -600 must be so the -500 can be deployed someplace that better takes advantage of its range, because as much as I love it, I am pretty sure they don't need more seats to Abu Dhabi, and certainly not in summer when it can be well over 100F.

Quote Originally Posted by Nonstop2AUH
    The -600 must be so the -500 can be deployed someplace that better takes advantage of its range, because as much as I love it, I am pretty sure they don't need more seats to Abu Dhabi, and certainly not in summer when it can be well over 100F.
    I believe they want to use the -500 for their new Australia Route.

Damn Josh you made this thread really wide! :x

Makes sense, Abu Dhabi and Dubai are full of Aussie expats (many of them work in aviation), and conversely the Australian government has been very welcoming to the UAE and its investors, students, etc. Also, the UAE is ideally situated for passengers connecting between Oz and Europe, although anyone who flies via AUH and expects it to be "like Dubai" may be disappointed, it's "like Dubai" the way Washington DC is like NYC. That said, Emirates has been flying Down Under for about 10 years so of course Etihad wants to get in on the action as well. Would love to know what the loads are like on JFK-AUH though, and how much of it is O&D...Anyone got an idea?

Haha yaaa...I did, didn't I Gordon? But for a good reason! :P

To answer the question about the loads of this flight, I believe it is around 50% or so full on average in terms of pax...check out the very recent post on this entire subject matter on the a.net forum:

http://www.airliners.net/discussions/ge ... n/3228196/

Someone (who apparently works at JFK) stated that figure in his reply to the topic. Interesting...
    "BANK M*THER$@*#^$, BANK!!!"

Thanks for the info or as my boys in the sandbox say, shukran! Also thanks to whoever finally narrowed the bloody column, thought it was looking as long as a 346. Having formerly been in the employ of the Govt. of Abu Dhabi, I can say with some certainty that at this point, they don't give a rats if there are 300 pax on JFK flight or 3, they are doing the route because they can. For similar reasons they built the big Emirates Palace Hotel which just won some awards and are getting a branch of the Louvre on Saadiyat Island. It's an interesting place and if anyone is ever headed there feel free to get in touch,