Thread: For all you students

For all you students

I'm in the process of beginning to write my final thesis towards my Masters and the one thing that has always hurt in my writing was my citations, not that I don't know how to do them, its just a pain to do. I came across this website on my College's Blackboard site that does it for you. All you have to do is put the info in and it will create the citations and references.

http://citationmachine.net/

Hey, I didn't know you were working on your Masters! Good luck. I did that routine about 8 years ago, so I know what you're going through, between work & school.

Quote Originally Posted by moose135
    Hey, I didn't know you were working on your Masters! Good luck. I did that routine about 8 years ago, so I know what you're going through, between work & school.
    Thanks Moose, I'm doing it on-line. I love doing on-line classes its fantastic. You can sign on when you want, go to class in your underwear and even enjoy a glass of wine while you chat with your other classmates! :lol: :lol: Seriously though its great, I graduate in May with my Psych Master's in Organizational Management. That means I can psycho analyze all of you, I think I'll start with Nick V.

Now, how to tests go on online courses, I imagine it would be pretty easy to cheat...
    nwa FOREVER!

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bird76
    I graduate in May with my Psych Master's in Organizational Management. That means I can psycho analyze all of you, I think I'll start with Nick V.
    Man, Tommy, you could get your PhD doing Nick...

That on-line program sounds like a good deal. When I went (NYIT) they had a weekend-a-month program. Friday night (7-11) Saturday (8-4) and Sunday morning (8-12) and you could do 2 courses a semester that way. It killed you for a couple of days afterwards, but it sure beat going to class a couple of nights every week. I have a MS in Instructional Technology, so maybe I'll be asking you about a job one of these days...

Quote Originally Posted by nwafan20
    Now, how to tests go on online courses, I imagine it would be pretty easy to cheat...
    At the Masters level I would imagine that most graded work is evaluated through papers and/or projects (if there even is any) with the culmination being a final "thesis"...

Quote Originally Posted by USAF Pilot 07
    At the Masters level I would imagine that most graded work is evaluated through papers and/or projects (if there even is any) with the culmination being a final "thesis"...
    Yes, I don't remember that I really took any tests during my Masters program. Maybe a few in the early classes, but later in the program it's more about papers, projects, and presentations.

Now, how to tests go on on-line courses, I imagine it would be pretty easy to cheat...
    yep no tests at all. All writing, case studies, analyzing projects, and group work via the web.

Cool site, Tommy. No matter how many times I write citations, I always find myself on Google looking up how to do them properly. Now that I bookmarked this I should save some time.

As for online courses, I took two for the first time this past semester and I loved it. If I could I would take every class online. Unlike a traditional classroom where you can get away with sitting there and zoning out with very little participation, online you have to read the material every week, answer discussion questions posted by the professor, and respond to a couple of your classmates' answers. It's definitely a lot more actual work than a regular class, but a.) it forces you to be engaged in the material; b.) you save loads of time not having to travel and actually sit there; and c.) you can do some of it during downtime at work.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9