Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Winter Ice Storm pics

Winter Ice Storm pics

Well, most of you are aware of the ice storm that has hit half the country, Michigan got a taste of it last night (Not as bad as the rest of the country though). Here are some pics:

Also, excuse some of the blurry pics, it was very icy and I was slipping while I was taking these, yes, I was slipping on grass! It was like an ice rink! I was also using slower shutter speeds.

-My neighbors driveway, a tree fell.

-My deck, a sheet of ice

-A screened in porch, no, this is not fogged glass, that is ice that collected on a screen

And just for Mel: This is the evil mac I have to use every Sunday to record onto DVD's! EVILLL!!!! ;)

nwa FOREVER!

Nice shots Matt,
    I have always enjoyed Ice storms!
    I am quiet Envious of your winter time experience as I am stuck down here in this miserable warmth and sun that I despise so much. I LOVE Winter and everything that it brings with it.
    Senga

Holy Hell dude! That is an amazing amount of ice! That road looks to be totally ice covered and unusable! We really have dodged the winter blast here in NY.

Senga, believe me, you didn't want this storm! Roads were terrible, trees fell over on to peoples houses (in fact, one just fell on our boat).

Yeah, it was a lot of ice, there was more, but when I took these pics, a lot of it already melted. Oh, and that road was already salted twice.
    nwa FOREVER!

Tommy,
    You make it sound like thats a good thing! :) I wanna get rawkt! 34 inches plus snowed for a week!
    Senga

Yea that the downside to storms, But I'd still wan them. People say that when I tell them I chase(d) tornados :)

Theres some massive tornado damage just down the road from me here too from some point in the past.

Senga

I have always wanted to chase a tornado, sounds fun!

Forcasts call for 3 inces of snow tonight, and another sheet of ice, and some hail, so if that happens, expect more pictures! (Oh, and 20 MPH winds...)
    nwa FOREVER!

Hey you are in a bretty good area for tornadoes too. I'd you have the times I suggets you might try chekcing out some storms this spring. You won't be disappointed. Even if you don't see a tornado seeing severs storms in action is just as satisfying.
    Heres my first ever tornado chase..thereason why it sucked so bad is that I took this pik and drove right past the tornado and didn't even know it was there! Stupid NEWBIE!

You can see it in the background. Everytime I look at this pick I just keep saying DAMN!
    Its like seeing a 707 and waiting to get a shot of it when the clouds move but when you try again its gone.
    Selma, Alabama 1994

Even if you don't get to see a tornado seeing stuff like this coming at you is just as awsome.

Quote Originally Posted by nwafan20
    I have always wanted to chase a tornado, sounds fun!

Forcasts call for 3 inces of snow tonight, and another sheet of ice, and some hail, so if that happens, expect more pictures! (Oh, and 20 MPH winds...)
    Looks like you'll be getting a snowday?

Lucky...

Nice shots by the way.

Yeah, I actually have been trained in weather spotting (Lets say my friend's dad who is a fire fighter snuck me into a weather spotting class for fire fighters and EMT ;))

Unfortunatly I don't have a ride to weather spot in :D

Has anyone ever noticed that a lot of pilots are also weather junkies?
    nwa FOREVER!

Wow that pretty cool,
    I considered becomming a storm spotter for the NWS but never got around to it. I did join the College of Dupage Chasing program to find other chasers. I found it a good way to meet other spotters. Talk about Geek heaven- awsome.
    I was with them in 1999 and 2000.
    http://weather.cod.edu/chasing

Senga

Quote Originally Posted by Iberia A340-600
    Looks like you'll be getting a snowday?

Lucky...

Nice shots by the way.
    Hopefully!!

Yeah, cool stuff Senga!
    nwa FOREVER!

I'd be skateing around town screw the SUV's when the weather is like that. Great stuff. Beautiful time for a BBQ eh?
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

Yeah Matt, you have to fire up that grill man. Throw some steaks on it.
    Scott Snorteland
    http://www.srsimages.com

Actually, itonically on Saturday (the day before the storm hit) we grilled some BBQ ribs for my birthday dinner, YUMMMM!!
    nwa FOREVER!