Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MCO/SFB spotting Jan 13th, 16th

MCO/SFB spotting Jan 13th, 16th

Greetings,
    I spent the early morning at MCO to get some of the planes after dropping dad off for his flight back to NYC. I hit MCO in the morning and then visited SFB (Sanford intl) in the afternoon. It turned out to be a pretty good day. No VIPs but I'm not complaining....yet but I will you know its coming. SFB is like 8 mins from me so I can go home home between planes! Upload them and then come back for more whenever they come in. I found it hard to get around as I don't know these airports very well and have change slightly since my last visit to MCO. Todays highlight was the Travel Direct 747-300 (Excel Airways) Unfortunatly the darn thing came in too late even for my nerves of steel! I'll have to wait a few more days to get more light for it.
    Heres today highlights.
    At MCO I also spotted the following..didn't take pix as I already have the stuff from before. The Permanent residents are as follows.
    Planet Airways 727-200 (Stored)
    US Air BAC One-Eleven (Fire) (One of 2 is still there)
    AAL 727-200 (Fire)
    Airtran DC-9 (Fire) I think.
    +++++++++++++++++++++
    At SFB I spotted the usual stuff.
    3-4 Pan Am 727s
    a mass of Allegiant MD-80s

Senga

Nice stuff Senga! Can't wait to see more.

I like the flyglobespan 738, great livery ! Senga I think they fly a mix of 738 with fuel stop and 763 nonstop from the UK, nice shots.

Cheers

LGA777

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s
    senga, is that a blurry picture? i think you need to seriously take care of whatever clone made that transgression...
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

Gordon,
    I'll post nore when I go out next I hope to get moreligh fir the 747-300 next time.

Thats true Ron,
    The 738 stopped off at BGR before continuing on to SFB. We usually get the 767 instead and the 737 comes about once every week or 2 two. It should be here. It was here yesterday.

Senga

Good stuff Senga!
    Not bad for first outing at the airport :)

Rafal
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Its basic economics, I don't understand it at all..." - Randy Marsh, South Park, CO

Thanks Rafal, I have more to get. I am looking forward to getting the Martinair A320.

Matt,
    Don't worry I'll post a better shot of the 747-300 when I have more light :)
    Senga

Senga, welcome to my territory. I'm sorry you have to live here now. Central Florida BLOWS in comparison to NYC. Where'd you shoot this MCO stuff from? Bear Rd? If so, be careful. There are no parking signs every 200 ft or so and I've seen tons of people stop for a few pictures and get $75 tickets for a brief stop on the side of the road. Not worth it, I think. Also, where'd u shoot from at SFB? I haven't shot there since June 05 when I was threatened to be arrested for trespassing. I have not returned. Not worth it. We'll have to meet up sometime man. I live in Apopka (probably about 25-30 min from you) and work at MCO 5 days a week. Hope to see ya someday soon!

-Justin
    "Who said white things weren't big?" - 100-400L IS

Hi Justin,
    About me moving down to Orlando Area. I know what you mean it was kind of hard to leave JFK and come down here knowing that its just a matter of time before I start to miss things that I normally would have gotten. Luckily its only for a few months.

Wow 2 warnings about ShootingSFB, MCO in about 1 hours time.
    hiss gave me some warnings too.
    http://www.nycaviation.com/forum/vie...=4785&start=30

About MCO, I shot that stuff from the north part of the perimiter road that runs along the top part of 18L,R. yes it was Bear Road. I had no idea there were no stopping, parking signs. I'm glad you said that cause I did stop a few times.

At SFB I hung out around the top of 9L but I switched to outlying areas of the airport as the approach is right next to the flight school. I really don't want them to see me being accosted in the vicinity of the flightschool....that would not be a good thing- especially when I wear the uniform sheesh!. Maybe when the school gets to know me I'll show there.
    I shot the the AAY o/c from that area today only because I forgot to switch to the tower freq.

This hobby is expensive as it is. Getting tickets is something I plan to not take part in. Been there done that :) (EWR)

Where were you at in SFB when you were threatened with arrest from the cops?
    I saw a sign for Apokpa a few days ago... you are not far from me.
    I am considering going it MIA over the next 1.5 weeks. I assum MIA is safer than Orlando to shoot at?
    Senga

I'll be down in Central Florida visiting the folks on the 27th....will be in the area for about a week and a half. They're about a 15 minute drive from SFB over the bridge in Volusia. I'll be making my usual hops over to SFB during this time...will also hit up Orlando/Tampa and a drive down to Miami is planned. Senga, Justin, Joey....any of you game?

-Rich

Rich, call me when you're down, maybe we can set something up.

Senga, I sent you a personal message with my # for you to call me so we can discuss SFB a little more detailed.

-Justin
    "Who said white things weren't big?" - 100-400L IS

Hi Rich,
    Sounds like a plan. However, the only problem is I will be starting at the flightschool on the 25th so I don't know what my schedule will be like. I will keep you posted though. I should have at least a day or 2 when I can get out.

You can get my cellphone# from Justin.

Senga

Justin/Senga, works for me...everyone will be getting phone calls when I get down there.. :)

-Rich

Finally a better shot of the Travel City Direct 747-300 and of course right when the arrival time was during the day and the good runway was in use the clouds rolled in.....AAARGH!

Senga

Senga I thought you wanted those clouds? :lol:

Nice catch.