Thread: NYC-SEA-SFO-NYC

NYC-SEA-SFO-NYC

I have to book the above itinerary at lowest cost possible with nutso flexibility for schedule. Jetblue only flies out west in the afternoon.

Would you guys agree that Alaska Airlines out of EWR is my best bet? Any other suggestions?

Alaska is a good bet or you could look at US out of JFK to PHX with connections. JFK-PHX-SEA-SFO-PHL-LGA or just go with Alaska. UA might be a good idea to look at though through SFO going and than back to SFO
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

Absolutely no room for layovers. Non-stop only. Thanks for the suggestions though!

Your Trip

Mel,

Your restrictions are precluding lowest possible cost options. The only viable option may be to split airlines.

JFK-SEA I think is served by DL and B6, as well as AA. I usually fly UA through LAX or SFO however. Except for the outbound leg (JFK-SEA), you could do this on UA.

AA might be an option as well, as they code share with AS on most flights. Therefore you could do JFK-SEA on AA, SEA-SFO on AS Code Share with AA and AA SFO back to JFK.

Price would depend on dates of travel, I would think you'd need a Saturday stayover to get low rates.

I tend to prefer UA because of PS service by the way.

Hope this helps. Let me know if I can be of more help

Art
    It's the fares, stupid

I found the whole trip for under $500 within my restrictions (all on Alaska Airlines). Thanks for your help.

I'm not sure if it's too late, but since B6 announced JFK-SFO, a number of airlines (AA, DL, possibly UA) have matched B6's low trans-con fare. I'm not sure if you could do a one-way SFO-JFK at the low price (and a separate NYC-SEA-SFO), but it might be worth checking out.

-Will
    Wings Down Under on Flightglobal

I would say DL. I know they have JFK-SFO and SEA-JFK service.
    In loving memory of Casey Edward Falconer
    May 16, 1992-May 9, 2012

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s
    take me with you! my FA is working for alaska now out of SEA.
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mellyrose
    I found the whole trip for under $500 within my restrictions (all on Alaska Airlines). Thanks for your help.
    As cargo??

Such a deal...
    "The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' "
    Ronald Reagan

Wow, talk about digging up an old thread. Not only has the trip been completed alrady, but so has the project my company was flying there for!