Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Text of the President Bush's address

I don't know if I'd go as far to say that Fox News is the only News Source that reports "Fair and Balanced".

In fact, there are no mainstream news sources that report news events, without over-dramatizing them or "spinning" them.

When ratings mean everything and accuracy or "fairness" of the news means little, you cannot expect any news station to fairly report the news.

News agencies are going to report what sells. In today's society, where everything is over-dramatized and where Hollywood is easily confused with reality, news agencies have had to adjust their reporting and broadcasting to cater to what society desires.

Very few people want to see news only about all the good things going on in the world. People want to hear about the bad things, with one or two good things mixed up between. Make the bad things seem even more dramatic, and you've got a captivating news segment, which grabs the audience. That's not to say that people don't enjoy "good" stories, or those with happy endings, but "bad" stories ellicit a different type of emotion from many people, which ultimately causes them to continue to tune in.

Some people say Al-Jazeera is one of the only news agencies that fairly depicts what is actually going on. While I really don't tune into Al-Jazeera or read it online, I really have a hard time believing this, as they have such a following, especially in the Middle East, that they must have some sort of agenda to follow.

What I do is read various American, and European news sources, and compare their stories to try and get a better "bigger" picture of the real facts.

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!
    Phil, I hate to say it but it you want decent media coverage of the USA, watch the BBC.
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187

Quote Originally Posted by Phil D.
    I'm beyond annoyed at the media's response to Bush's speech. I've been skeptical of the war and all, but this is the first time we've gotten a thorough explanation of the a plan that actually has potential. All they listened to is the part that we're sending another 20,000 troops and they play on that to sell newspapers.

I think it's irresponsible and dangerous for them to automatically write off the President's speech like they did. Report the news and let us decide.
    Phil why is that? The Bush administration lied about the war, said they were going to do this and that in the past, and refused to admit even up to the last elections the plan wasn't working. So why would you expect the media to all of a sudden change their tune? I'm not surprised at all by their reaction. Honestly at this point I'm just going to sit back and wait to see what unfolds.

There's that word "lie" again. "Wrong" might be accurate, but I've yet to find anyone who would be able to prove that Bush knew that Iraq DIDN'T have WMD. The UN and voting Democrats who pushed for all those sanctions since the first Gulf War also thought it.

I've actually not seent he media THIS bad in blatantly rejecting what Bush said, especially considering that it's an actual PLAN that should be given a chance.

I still have yet to hear ANYONE who is opposed to Bush offer a suggestion about what SHOULD be done to clean up the mess.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

There's that word "lie" again. "Wrong" might be accurate, but I've yet to find anyone who would be able to prove that Bush knew that Iraq DIDN'T have WMD. The UN and voting Democrats who pushed for all those sanctions since the first Gulf War also thought it.

I've actually not seent he media THIS bad in blatantly rejecting what Bush said, especially considering that it's an actual PLAN that should be given a chance.

I still have yet to hear ANYONE who is opposed to Bush offer a suggestion about what SHOULD be done to clean up the mess.
    Phil its been reported the CIA's information was wrong, that Bush knew it wasn't accurate, and that he sent Colin Powell to the UN to make an ass out of himself.

And nobody will, now that the Democrats are in charge of Congress. :shock:

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bird76
    Phil its been reported the CIA's information was wrong, that Bush knew it wasn't accurate, and that he sent Colin Powell to the UN to make an ass out of himself.
    Reported, but not confirmed.

Whether you believe Bush is a liar, or an idiot, or an evil mastermind who acts as a puppet of the Illuminati, or that Bush and Cheney did this for the oil and for their friends at Halliburton, or you think Bush did it for revenge...you're entitled to your opinion, but IT DOESN'T MATTER.

We cannot change how we got to this point. We are where we are. We cannot make current decisions based on judgments of the past.

The fact is if we leave without cleaning up the mess, Iraq will turn into a place that makes pre-2001 Afghanistan look like the Big Apple Circus. Al Qaeda will have free rein of a country, along with the full unfettered support of Iran and Syria. Once again they will set their sights on our shores instead of within Baghdad.

Losing is not an option.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

BUSH: MY DECISIONS HAVE MADE IRAQ MORE UNSTABLE
    http://www.drudgereport.com/flash.htm
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

I'm glad George and I agree.

"To oppose everything while proposing nothing is irresponsible," Bush said.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/01/13/ ... index.html
    Email me anytime at [email protected].