Thread: Introducing...me!! MOVING to NYC in 48 hours!!!

Introducing...me!! MOVING to NYC in 48 hours!!!

Hi everyone,

Guess what…..I’m MOVING TO NYC in 48 HOURS!! Consequently, I’d like to formally introduce myself because I feel there are many members of NYCA who are not familiar with me. So…let’s get goinNNNNN:

- I’m 20 years old and halfway through my sophomore year of college. I spent the first 1.5 years of my college career at The George Washington University (GWU) in Washington D.C. However, this past summer I had a strange epiphany in which I realized I want to take photography more seriously and decided to push myself to the next level; I applied to the Tisch School of the Arts at NYU and was accepted. In just a few days I’ll be starting my exciting experience at NYU as a photo major as 1 of 8 students accepted to my special program.

- I am an aspiring travel photographer and will soon partake in a very unique internship opportunity at Arthur Frommer’s Budget Travel Magazine in addition to studying at NYU.

- Over the years I’ve been fortunate enough to travel to a variety of exciting destinations, all from which I have been able to develop my portfolio. Amongst places I’ve visited are: Costa Rica, Hawaii, Japan, Iceland, Italy, Mexico, Sweden, Tahiti, and the United Kingdom.

- In addition to travel photography, I also enjoy portraiture, fashion, and…AVIATION photography!! (now, who would have guessed that?) That being said, I am probably the strangest airplane photographer out there – I ONLY shoot foreign airliners and I typically don’t take photos of planes unless the aircraft is a widebody! Even stranger…(yep, it gets worse)…I hate old aircraft!! I’m always after the newest and greatest machines out there and I don’t really enjoy shooting airplanes that are like 2384.03x older than me! (I’m expecting some hardcore criticism from you all on that one, hehe)

- I’ve worked for All Nippon Airways (ANA) at my home airport of LAX and even learned some Japanese! As a customer service agent, I checked in several hundred passengers a day for NH 005 to Narita, and got to wear a really cool suit! This was without a doubt one of the coolest summer jobs I’ve had…working up close with our B744s and B777-300ERs, and super cool famous Japanese celebs!

- Half of my family is from Spain, and half from France. I am proficient in Spanish. I am far from it in French. I’m really into Latin culture, speaking Spanish, soccer, and Latin music…but more than anything, I’m into Brasilian music (samba, bossanova, tropicalia, reggae)!! I have a strange obsession with Brasil, as anyone who walks into my room will notice upon viewing my 3ft x 5ft Brasilian flag!

- I LOVE foreigners and their food!!! I hereby cordially invite each one of you to challenge yours truly by eating more than me, anytime, anywhere! I swear, I’m like a ravenous vulture or a middle-aged obese woman in a 20 year old kid’s body…it’s kinda ridiculous. Note: offer not extended to individuals weighing over 1 metric ton.

So…..In a few days I’ll be new in New York (hah) and ready to take on a whole heap of new experiences, friendships, and….food! Just to let you all know, I am currently accepting all offers to go to YOUR favorite NYC restaurant (as long as its not ridonkulously expensive – keep in mind I’m a student, hehe) and hang out as I familiarize myself with my new home and make new friends. I really look forward to meeting those who I am unfamiliar with in the near future and I wish everyone a happy and healthy new year!

Sincerely,

Josh May
    "BANK M*THER$@*#^$, BANK!!!"

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!
    Welcome and look forwrd to meeting up! Best in 07!
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187

Armed with Whiffle ball bat and waiting
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s
    be hice hiss... this is NY where we welcome all outsiders. leave the bat in you trunk for the crazy southern state drivers.
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

ok! so bags are packed and soon i'll be heading to the airport...nyc here i come!!

- J
    "BANK M*THER$@*#^$, BANK!!!"

Really excited to have you here, Josh. :)
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Quote Originally Posted by hiss srq
    Armed with Whiffle ball bat and waiting
    For his(s) own beating first, which I shall carry out. LOL