Thread: Gliders, oh how boring? NOT

Gliders, oh how boring? NOT

I came across a cool video on a Polish website, shows some amazing glider action over the Alps, flight in formation and some other nuts maneuvers. Top Gun please get some better material...

The begining is somewhat boring the first minute, so just wait it out.

http://pejzaze.onet.pl/filmy/217,183417 ... arzaj.html

Where the PARK routing crosses the Expressway Visual 31
    Great video - I loved the quick shot near the end of the 5 or 6 gliders all circling in the thermal. Of course, it's not really thermalling unless there's a hawk or a buzzard circling with you :)

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s
    the most amazing part about gliders is how quiet they are. relatives of mine back home in poland fly them and on my last visit were showing me pictures they took of a two-ship formation flying along with a bunch of birds abeam thier wing. definately cool, and i managed to log about 12 hours in one of them.
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

We've (USAF Academy) got one of the, if not the, largest glider operations in the United States.. Although I've never flown in one, I know a ton of people who have, along with some of the IPs who fly them, who all say it was a lot of fun. You can pull a few Gs in gliders, and best of all is that it is so quiet and peaceful!