Page 18 of 61 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

Thread: Your upcoming trips, Biz or Fun

Re: Your upcoming trips, Biz or Fun

Matt give me a shout when your getting ready to fly out on US.

For my own travel plans. Tuesday sort of spur of the moment I am flying out early AM from JFK with my grandparents to PHX than probably on to Denver with them. I will turn around and fly back to PHX where I am debateing wheter to spend the night and catch up with an old pal from when I lived in Utah or red eye it home. I will defineately be flying this trip though in one form or another Tuesday. I hope I can get a little sleep on the plane because last PHX flight the flight attendants had me staying awake. I could not close my eyes.
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

This one is just for Fun.

10/6
    JFK-ATL
    Delta
    777 (My first flight on a 777)

10/6
    ATL-MIA
    Delta
    MD80

10/6
    MIA-JFK
    AA
    A300
    It's hard to take chances but sometimes it's better if you do

http://www.southpawcaptures.com
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/southpawcaptures/
    On Twitter @southpawcapture

Quote Originally Posted by eric8669
    This one is just for Fun.

10/6
    JFK-ATL
    Delta
    777 (My first flight on a 777)

10/6
    ATL-MIA
    Delta
    MD80

10/6
    MIA-JFK
    AA
    A300
    Well it will be good to have you on my return flight Eric. This flight has a bad record of leaving ontime so you'll have lots of time it seems to explore MIA.

So DEN is cancelled because I have a problem with my knee and cannot sit in coach for 5.5 hours (first is full so no upgrades available) and I have a good place for my knee tomorrow. (Tommy's back) and I might make a day trip someplace Wednesday just to get out of NY for a little bit but I probably will just go to the airport and decide on a whim from there where I am going.
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

here is my trip plans to new york next week and maybe to STL as well-

ELAL 001 TLV-JFK
    0100 07/10 744

would like to hear what you think... which airline is the best to fly from new york to STL

13/10 ELAL 008 JFK-TLV

Quote Originally Posted by amirshapira
    would like to hear what you think... which airline is the best to fly from new york to STL
    American is the only airline with nonstop service to STL on mainline aircraft (LGA-STL), which happen to be MD-80s. Delta and Continental fly there on RJ's. (AA's JFK-STL flight is also on an RJ). I can't imagine a 2 1/2 hour flight on a CRJ/ERJ is much fun.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

If you are planning on going to STL right after your arrival into JFK, I would go for the JFK-STL flight. Even if it's on a RJ, you won't have to switch airports, just terminals. But if you are planning on going to STL in the middle of your trip, take the LGA flights. (I'm presuming you're going to stay in Manhattan.)

Because this is a last-minute ticket, prices will be very high (a sample search found the cheapest ticket to be approximately $300 on US Airways via CLT). The non-stop AA flight is approximately $425. Are you paying for your ticket, or is a company?
    Wings Down Under on Flightglobal

Quote Originally Posted by Winglets747
    If you are planning on going to STL right after your arrival into JFK, I would go for the JFK-STL flight. Even if it's on a RJ, you won't have to switch airports, just terminals. But if you are planning on going to STL in the middle of your trip, take the LGA flights. (I'm presuming you're going to stay in Manhattan.)

Because this is a last-minute ticket, prices will be very high (a sample search found the cheapest ticket to be approximately $300 on US Airways via CLT). The non-stop AA flight is approximately $425. Are you paying for your ticket, or is a company?
    Im paying for the ticket.
    if I'll fly to STL It's will probably be from JFK as soon after the arrival from israel.
    I think I'll go with AA its a direct flight and Im almost certain that you get pionts for the ELAL's frequent flyer club if you fly with AA.

JFK-STL is one of the rare flights flown with American Eagle, and not American Connection, which is the norm at STL.

JFK-STL is so sad to see with RJ's.

As mentioned, DL also flies it JFK-STL with the RJ by COMAIR I believe.

Enjoy the flights.

Alex
    www.southwest.com Bags Fly Free. Anytime, Anywhere on Southwest Airlines. Share the LUV!

Does AA's LGA-STL remaining mainline have something to do with it being an ex-TWA route?
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Quote Originally Posted by GothamSpotter
    Does AA's LGA-STL remaining mainline have something to do with it being an ex-TWA route?
    Well it did go to RJ service for a time and AA then returned it to mainline service because there was demand and STL is somewhat of a hub for AA so it remains a connecting point in their network. This is for another topic but it wouldn't surprise me to see reduce STL even further in the future.

Will try a SEA overnight on the 9th but no confirmation.

Alex
    www.southwest.com Bags Fly Free. Anytime, Anywhere on Southwest Airlines. Share the LUV!

10/28
    Southwest
    ISP-BWI-BUF

11/2
    Southwest
    BUF-BWI-ISP

11/4
    American Eagle
    JFK-YUL

11/7
    American Eagle
    YUL-JFK

Tommy, make sure to get some spotting in at YUL! I'll be there a week later, tentatively regarding weather, to see the A380.

I've booked my trip to Chicago in December although it looks like I'll be going to Puerto Rico for a couple of days in November first.

12/26
    Continental
    737-500
    EWR-ORD

12/30
    Continental
    737-700
    ORD-EWR

10/15, ATL-NRT (DL 55) B772
    10/17, NRT-ATL (DL 56) B772