Thread: Royal Jet 737-700 Visits JFK

Royal Jet 737-700 Visits JFK

I saw this plane come into JFK on 31R today, andparked over by the triple hangars. Again, pardon the poor pic (cell phone).

Royal Jet 737-700 A6-RJY

He left shortly thereafter. Maybe went to SWF?

Looked at all the JFK departures and arrivals on Flight Aware, not one 737-7 or BBJ. Nothing at SWF either. Ghost plane!
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Very cool and unique visitor. While the flag and the A6- registration are most closely identified with Emirates from Dubai, Royal Jet is a charter service based in Abu Dhabi, the largest of the 7 United Arab Emirates. Royal Jet is at least part-owned by the Abu Dhabi royal family, who are also the ultimate owners of Etihad, so in this case "Royal" is not just a brand name thought up by the marketers. I suspect a Royal Jet aircraft is very rarely seen on this side of the Atlantic, I think most of their flying is done in Europe and Asia. So good catch!

We get a couple at JFK now each year the last couple of years or so, thanks to the VIPs. This one here is a bit better catch than the last one I shot, becasue it has the flag on the tail, rather than simply a BBJ scheme.

Tom
    "Keep 'em Flying"

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Turner
    This one here is a bit better catch than the last one I shot, becasue it has the flag on the tail, rather than simply a BBJ scheme.
    This IS the one you shot, Tom. :) I guess the flag on the tail is new.

http://www.airliners.net/open.file/0675794/L/

Yours is the only shot of this bird on this side of the pond.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

All previous photos of this bird have it without the flag. Maybe Anet will tkae Novanglus' cell phone picture after all! haha
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Ah Gotham.. I didn't realize that. :)

Makes up for me having the Peter Nygard without titles I guess... LOL...

There is another aircraft though; (I think), I believe Senga had shot it, and we managed to miss one these birds a few months back when it subbed for another VIP that was actually on Flytecomm..but I forget now which country. Maybe Senga will remember.
    "Keep 'em Flying"

I have seen ROJ 737-700s arriving into NYC many times. One time it flew for Cameroon Gvmnt. I have spotted them at JFK several 5 times and they do fly for other countries very often.
    Heres the shot uplaoded from the UN thread.

I only have 2 of my billion shots of these things.

Senga

sengas got his mojo back!
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

Heck Yea!
    Greetings
    I'm back so yall better run away while you still can!
    I am almost set up in my temporary place in (Orlando) Sanford, FL for the next few months :)
    Senga

Hey I will m eet ya there I am going to be moving to the area myself for about 3/4's of a year till Comair lets me in the door just have not set my date yet
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

I'll be attending the Delta Connection Academy starting this thursday. What are you coming down for hiss? I am about 8 mins from SFB (Euro Charter Heaven.

Senga

I need to get some certs out of the way like my CFI etc etc etc because for some reason what I have currenlt does not do the job for me. PSA said no to me and I do not want tochance Colgan no thanks... So I figure I can worm my way into 121 with Comair and maybe find my way to the MD-88 inthe next few years because mainline is now hiring again