Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Allegiant Airlines, 78% load factor

Quote Originally Posted by JetBlueAirwaysFan
    Hmm, I wonder if Allegiant could fly to KFRG?
    Might have load restrictions, those runways are short and the Mad Dog is a pig on a hot summer day. No reason for them to come to FRG either, there's no market for them. People on the east end can go to ISP and on the west end LGA and JFK.

That sir would not suprise me in the least if they did. It would seem like the perfect airport to serve there are no viral infestations (LCC's) there yet like ISP, LGA, and JFK and not too many NIMBY people to bother about those lovely JT's on the back end of the bird.
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

Me neither. Actually, I think that one of FRG's runways are longer than SNA's main runway, so I am positive that an MD-80 could use them. The only thing that I don't know about is the lack of facilities in FRG. But if Allegiant could fly there, that would be a nice luxury since ISP is turning into a mini-LGA with Southwest operating so many flights in and out of there.
    As for market, Allegiant Air strikes me as the type of airline that breathes life into small airports. Look at SFB and SWF. Allegiant Air put a lot of life into these airports. Even though they recently pulled out of SWF, they brought life while they were there, and now JetBlue and AirTran will take over for them.
    In loving memory of Casey Edward Falconer
    May 16, 1992-May 9, 2012

Me neither. Actually, I think that one of FRG's runways are longer than SNA's main runway, so I am positive that an MD-80 could use them. The only thing that I don't know about is the lack of facilities in FRG. But if Allegiant could fly there, that would be a nice luxury since ISP is turning into a mini-LGA with Southwest operating so many flights in and out of there.
    As for market, Allegiant Air strikes me as the type of airline that breathes life into small airports. Look at SFB and SWF. Allegiant Air put a lot of life into these airports. Even though they recently pulled out of SWF, they brought life while they were there, and now JetBlue and AirTran will take over for them.
    The difference is SFB and SWF are far from any large airports, there was a need, there is no need on Long Island for service out of FRG. Plus AirTran and B6 drove them out. WN would destroy them on pricing out of ISP giving ppl no reason to use FRG

SNA - 1L/19R 5701x150, 1R/19L -2887x75
    FRG - 14/32 6827x150, 1/19 - 5516x150
    Overheard on JFK TOWER - S Turns are fine, U-Turns are bad....

How many MD-83s does AAY have?

Senga

As of January 3rd 2007, they have 25:

5 MD-81
    3 MD-82
    14 MD-83
    3 MD-87
    nwa FOREVER!

Oh ok Matt,
    Do you know how many are painted like this?
    http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=5840064
    I saw one like this the other day on the ramp.

Senga

Senga, everything I know about Allegiant air is all I have learned from Wikipedia! lol! So I actually have no idea.
    nwa FOREVER!

Senga,

I hear they are pretty rare to see. I caught one at SWF that day when the MNG Cargo A300 was at SWF.

I will just end my "argument" on the subject of FRG in saying that SFB is very close to MCO.
    In loving memory of Casey Edward Falconer
    May 16, 1992-May 9, 2012

I will just end my "argument" on the subject of FRG in saying that SFB is very close to MCO.
    There is a major difference between SFB/MCO and FRG/JFK/EWR/LGA.

frg is like ORL which as an intresting note did have airline service in the form of dc-8's and 727's years ago i was told last night so it is not too far fetched to see airline service to frg
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

I wouldn't count on seeing airline (jet) service into FRG anytime soon. For starters, the local community would raise hell. And I just don't see the need for it - with the proximity to ISP and JFK/LGA there isn't much to gain by bringing service into FRG.

Oh ok,
    Thanks for the info Matt,

Gorson, I rember that day. I forgot if I saw it or now. I think it was still there. I was so happy about the MNG A300 that I didn't bother with the Alligiant old colors.

I did go out for the Alligiant old colors today and just my luick it was already there for me. It was delayed for about 1 hour.
    My chances are pretty good at SFB as there can be atleast 5 AAY MD-80s on the ramp at the same time. It departed at 1030am for Huntington, WV (HTS) will be arriving back at SFB around 2:30pm so I'll go abck otu again to get the arrival.

Senga