Thread: Rikers Island

Rikers Island

I was look at the spotting map for LGA and noticed Rikers Island is not listed. What a great view of 22 arrivals and 04 departures you must get from there. But from Google Earth, there seems to be some kind of check point or toll gate before the bridge. Is the island even accessible to the public, and if not to traffic, then what about walking or by bike? It just seems too good to be true.
    I'm learning to fly, around the clouds. But what goes up must come down. - Tom Petty

It’s absolutely accessible to the public. Just commit a crime and you can take up residence there full time. Rikers is not accessible to the law abiding person.

Oops! :oops:

From space it just looked like a normal island. Should've known when I saw the basketball courts.
    I'm learning to fly, around the clouds. But what goes up must come down. - Tom Petty

I'm so confused. I could've SWORN this was a topic posted like 3 months ago with the exact question and answer from the same people. Am I losing my mind or was there a site glitch?

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!
    could be deja vu
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187

There, there, Mel. It was someone else. :)

http://www.nycaviation.com/forum/viewto ... 7693#27693
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Thanks for the coddling, Matt. :-P

Quote Originally Posted by Mellyrose
    Thanks for the coddling, Matt. :-P
    *HUGS* We'll get through this. :P
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s
    that's not entirely true tommy. i have made about 6 visits in total to rikers island in my lifetime, all lasting less than an hour. then again, i was driving a red and white van with flashing lights and a siren, that might have had something to do with it. still trying to figure out the 'law abiding" part though...
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

Quote Originally Posted by cancidas
    i was driving a red and white van with flashing lights and a siren, that might have had something to do with it.
    Hey, so did I!!! Too many times to remember how many Elmhurst taxi ride I drove.

A place you only want to visit.
    "The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' "
    Ronald Reagan