Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Saddam in Iraqi Custody, To Be Hanged No Later Than Saturday

I also wanted to point out how they go in threes:

James Brown, Gerald Ford and Saddam Hussein. I wonder who won THAT death pool!

WAIT! THISJUST IN!

"Saddam is not dead. He is alive and well. In fact, we have plans to compete in the World Mah Jong Championships next week against various Israeli leaders. Team Tanenbaum's goin DOWN. Praise Allah."
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Quote Originally Posted by nwafan20
    Saddam has already been killed, I imagine we will see a video in the next few days.

No matter if you like Bush's policies or not, you have to admit, the world is a whole lot better off without Saddam on it.
    I agree, Saddam was an ass. However no one seems to have noticed that we still don't know whether Bin Laden is dead and he's affected me much more than Saddam has.
    Nick S. @ EWR

Quote Originally Posted by NcSchu
    I agree, Saddam was an ass. However no one seems to have noticed that we still don't know whether Bin Laden is dead and he's affected me much more than Saddam has.
    Be patient, it doesn't happen overnight, we will find him eventually, believe me, we have been looking. It is only a matter of time...
    nwa FOREVER!

Video of Saddam's last moments (stops before they drop him):

http://video.ap.org/v/en-ap/fv/fv.htm?g ... d&f=NYNYP&
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

I wonder how quick it was.... As morbid as it sounds I am curious as to if he hit the bottom of the length and with the snap of his neck dies or if he suffocated for a few moments. I have never really studies the process etc....... I personally think it is a pretty cruel way to go save for a small group of evil people.
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

Video

http://www.break.com/index/graphic_sadd ... video.html

This isn't the stock video being shown on the mainstream media. A shaky handheld.
    "The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' "
    Ronald Reagan

OMG! WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

Quote Originally Posted by NcSchu
    Be patient, it doesn't happen overnight, we will find him eventually, believe me, we have been looking. It is only a matter of time...
    Unfortunately, we've wasted years, not to mention billions of dollars, and, oh, yeah, thousands of lives, with our little adventure into Iraq - which posed no real threat to the United States - when we should have been focused on Bin Laden, who had actually attacked us, killing thousands.

No offense, but a lot of people think like that, but unfortunately that isn't the truth.

Saddam was an evil man, with chemical and biological weapons (recently just declassified that we found several tons of weapons of mass destruction)

His goal was to destroy the West. I, personally think we should have gone into Iran first, but I think the whole axis of evil should be taken out.

Bin Laden doesn't pose too much harm to us hiding in a cave somewhere, I am confident that we will find him eventually, the real threat right now in my eyes is Iran and North Korea.

Did ya hear how we uncovered a large force of adapted Mig jets in the Iraq sand?

Or how about the thousands of women and children that are now free in Iraq, who daily go up to our soldiers and try to give them gifts, or give them hugs.

Did you hear how most of Iraq cheered in the streets as the United States Armed Forces came into Iraq, to liberate its people?

Or how my cousin has 8 shoe boxes full of letters, notes, and pictures drawn by children, given to him as a thank you, while he served his 2 terms in Iraq

Or how my cousin handed out bags full of candy weekly to children, who were more than grateful for a little piece of candy.

They look at Americans as heroes, which may not be portrayed by today's Main stream Media.
    nwa FOREVER!

Quote Originally Posted by moose135
    Unfortunately, we've wasted years, not to mention billions of dollars, and, oh, yeah, thousands of lives, with our little adventure into Iraq - which posed no real threat to the United States - when we should have been focused on Bin Laden, who had actually attacked us, killing thousands.
    Thank you!! Yes, Saddam was evil but look at Iran, North Korea, and Libya (until he got the idea). Going back into Iraq was Bush's objective and he used 9/11 to do it. We went into Afghanistan first and started cleaning house but once GW got the idea he could get into Iraq all the gears changed. It amazes me how little troops are in Afghanistan.
    "The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' "
    Ronald Reagan

Saddam .... His goal was to destroy the West. .
    Really? How would you compare and contrast Sadam's world view against, oh say, Al Sadr?

I thought Iraq just about asked permission to invade Kuwait and the Bush 1 appointee blew it with a non committal response.

Then we put bases in Saudi Arabia ... to liberate Kuwait, and kept them there afterwards.. . [Not sure they vote too often over in Saudi Arabis by the way.].

Which likely sealed "911" with Bin Laden who was an ally in the previous liberation of Afghanistan from the Soviets - The Soviets, who ran in there in the face of our weak kneed response to US hostages being taken when our old buddy The Shah of Iran (renowned for Democracy no doubt) being ousted from Iran in a popular revolution (Special thanks to ally France for keeping the flame of Radical Islam burning all that time).

I can appreciate the neo-cons wanted to sit on Iraq, transform it to a friendly, stable democracy and then lean on Syria and Iran from there. But they miscalculated very badly. You need a much larger army to sit on a country the size of Iraq and bend it to your will.

Who drew the initial borders for Iraq anyway? Was it Britain?

What will happen with the Kurds? While the Sunnis and ****es settle matters, won't Turkey & Iran want to ensure there is no Kurdistan cutting into *their* borders?

There is some work to be done in Sudan though I think...

and Somalia where Ethiopia is taking care of business now, but don't our Gulf allies want to back Eritrea - and in turn the particular terrorists we are fighting in Iraq?
    "Keep 'em Flying"

Your data is a bit skewed, I don't want to get into an argument, but so that people dont start believe what you said to be just the facts.

The WMDs recovered were pre-Gulf War and most of them were degraded to a point that they did not pose any threat to troops. Also, the report points out that the condition (desert) of the weapons would limit their use by insurgents.

Saddam's goal wasn't to destroy the West, simple as that. If you're going to argue Israel, than I must point out that his goals were centered around his opposition to the Israeli controlled Palestinian areas we are probably all familiar with.

Cave or no cave, Bin Laden, if alive, still has controlling power. There has been much precedent in terms of hidden leaders, so just because Bin Laden is "in a cave" doesn't mean he is powerless.

Most people welcomed us in the beginning, but a lot now want us to leave, that group is growing bigger everyday as the violence increases. Plus, a lot of people prefered the way under Hussein simply because there wasn't as much chaos as there is now.

Also, to bring this back to aviation, planes + sand = no planes :D
    Nick S. @ EWR