Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Saddam in Iraqi Custody, To Be Hanged No Later Than Saturday

Saddam in Iraqi Custody, To Be Hanged No Later Than Saturday

From the AP:

Saddam Hussein has been transferred from U.S. custody, his lawyers said, and an Iraqi judge authorized to attend the former dictator's hanging said he would be executed no later than Saturday.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Well Baby Bush has revenged his father...

It has only cost 3000 and counting US lives.
    "The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' "
    Ronald Reagan

All I want to know is are they going to broad cast this or what I have been watching Fox all afternoon... I think it should be broadcast but than again I question broadcasting it because in some circles it will make him look like a martyer
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

Quote Originally Posted by emshighway

You don't actually think Bush decided to go to war to avenge his father, do you?
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

IFP, ISP, JFK, IGM, SAN, VCV, LGA, LAX, SEE, LAS

It had nothing to do with that. Let's see the "We went to war for oil" thing fell on it's face since we haven't touched a drop of their oil so this is the next excuse? Saddam was one of the worst dictators in history and his death certifcate was signed long before Bush's son came along.
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol

At this point I could careless what happens to him. Killing him won't change the situation there at all. Iraq is splinted country with no chance of a lasting unified peace.

As far as broadcast I think it won't be on the US networks, but it'll make its way onto Youtube soon enough.
    "I can't wait until tomorrow, cause I get better looking everyday"
    --Joe Namath

I'd rather have him attached to a torture device for the rest of his life. Hanging seems like the easy way out.
    Nick S. @ EWR

The killing of Saddam is actually a huge mark in world history. It's right up there with the killing of Mussolini. Pardon me if it sounds barbaric of me, but I'd want to see video of itjust to witness that history. Heck, Mussolini hanging upside down at a gas station is in many high school history books.

The killing of Saddam is actually a huge mark in world history. It's right up there with the killing of Mussolini. Pardon me if it sounds barbaric of me, but I'd want to see video of itjust to witness that history. Heck, Mussolini hanging upside down at a gas station is in many high school history books.
    So true Phil, it's getting close to dying time and Saddam needs to die. It's not about changing anything in Iraq. That has already taken place. The day the people were allowed to vote. Now a sentence is simply being carried out.
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol

Quote Originally Posted by NIKV69
    That has already taken place. The day the people were allowed to vote.
    I'm afraid that actually didn't do that much in terms of the stability of Iraq.
    Nick S. @ EWR

But it remains a benchmark in history after many decades of oppresion and not being given the choice. Vote Saddam or die was your choices. Now this barbaric man is going to be put out of his misery and I think it is safe to say many will rejoyce over it. I will a little more pleased with this planet after the gallow has done its job on him. They are going to play with his head a little bit before they kill him with the red card deal etc etc I have also heard.
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

I'm afraid that actually didn't do that much in terms of the stability of Iraq
    Has nothing to do with that. The whole freedom thing in Iraq is a process that doesn't just happen overnight.

10:05, he is dead, burn in hell.

Saddam has already been killed, I imagine we will see a video in the next few days.

No matter if you like Bush's policies or not, you have to admit, the world is a whole lot better off without Saddam on it.
    nwa FOREVER!

Wow, happened so fast. I wonder if he knew that he wouldn't be seeing 2007.

Expect some tight security over the coming weeks at airports and landmarks.

I wasn't sure if it would go through, assuming something would stop the execution from happening. I'm jsut concerned about retaliation at this point.