Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: What Aviation Stuff Do You Collect?

Quote Originally Posted by mirrodie
    Thanks. It was a gift from a patient of mine who worked Concorde. Good luck finding it. In fact, next time I see them, will see if they have extras.
    I found three, a pewter one like yours and a different BA model wrapped in leather, and an Air France one. I bid on the all pewter one, which seems to be brand new and unblemished, from a seller in the UK. It ends tomorrow, should be about US$30 including shipping which seems reasonable to me...I can't wait. :)
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Wow, great stuff! If you all put all of your collections together, you could open your own museum!!
    nwa FOREVER!

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s
    everyone has got models... am i the only one with my own taxiway edge identifier light?
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

My friend has one, you can buy them at Sporty's.

EDIT: Sorry, you can get a taxiway LAMP: http://sportys.com/acb/showdetl.cfm?&di ... ct_id=6866

Where did you get the light?
    nwa FOREVER!

matt:1, california:0
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

Quote Originally Posted by cancidas
    everyone has got models... am i the only one with my own taxiway edge identifier light?
    A few years ago I almost bought a 747 door from eBay. I've been kicking myself ever since!

That Malaysian 777 is gorgeous. I'm tempted.

-Will
    Wings Down Under on Flightglobal

Quote Originally Posted by cancidas
    No taxiway light, but packed away (I'll have to find it and post a photo at some point) is a genuine Strategic Air Command fence warning sign, including that famous phrase "Use of deadly force authorized."

moose that's awesome!! ::Drools::

Where the PARK routing crosses the Expressway Visual 31
    I've got 2 taxiway lights - one that's been made into a lamp and has a short stem (the usual-looking dome style, not the Sporty's triangle ones), and one that came from LGA during some construction there back in the early 90s that has the full stem. That one will be lamped eventually, but it's just sitting in a closet for now.

Don't knock the taxiway light lamps, either. Put a 15-watt bulb in it, and you get a nice soft blue light that doesn't keep you up at night, yet will keep you from walking into things when you amble around for a 3am snack. Functional, pretty, aviation nerdly, what's not to love?

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!
    Quote Originally Posted by GothamSpotter
    Quote Originally Posted by mirrodie
    Thanks. It was a gift from a patient of mine who worked Concorde. Good luck finding it. In fact, next time I see them, will see if they have extras.
    I found three, a pewter one like yours and a different BA model wrapped in leather, and an Air France one. I bid on the all pewter one, which seems to be brand new and unblemished, from a seller in the UK. It ends tomorrow, should be about US$30 including shipping which seems reasonable to me...I can't wait. :)
    The leather wrapped one is nice. My friend has it, got hers signed by Leslie Scott, the pilot who broke of Concorde's records and she uses it religiously, as its intended to be used.

check your PM
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187

mateo, amen to that! long live the night-light!!!

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bird76
    Mike can you adopt me so when you die you can will all of that to me? That collection is amazing!
    One more for you!

"my finger on the shutter button, while my eye is over my shoulder"

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bird76
    Mike can you adopt me so when you die you can will all of that to me? That collection is amazing!
    Memorize this and its all yours!

Wow - an 880! How cool is that! Great picture Mike.

Many years ago, there was no net. Just books! And trips to the local library. That was all there was, its now all so quaint.

The Great Airliners series is only a few years old, but the rest is from the 70's.