Thread: Printing Photos

Printing Photos

Okay, I'm cheating--I'm printing non-aviation photos, but I figured this is the right place for a question.

Does anyone have a personal preference for online photo printers? I'm looking just to print 8 or so 11x14 digital photos that will last for at least a few years.

I'm overwhelmed by all of the options (http://reviews.cnet.com/4520-6451_7-624 ... ml?tag=txt and http://reviews.cnet.com/4520-6451_7-624 ... ml?tag=txt), so any personal thoughts and experiences would be great.

Thanks!

-Will
    Wings Down Under on Flightglobal

I've used Snapfish, Shutterfly and Mystic Color Lab for 8x10s. Snapfish and Shutterfly prints came out okay but they were never cut straight, even after I complained and got replacements. Mystic was better, and they use higher quality Kodak paper and they've had a reputation for high quality work long before the advent of digital cameras.

Side rant: It was nice of CNET to list all those sites under the header "Review" giving the impression that they'd have some editorial advice for which to buy, when in fact all that is is a list of sites who they'll get $ from in exchange for you clicking and using them. :evil:
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Believe it or not, Walmart is among the best!....I also use smugmug for anything on the website. I have tried many different ways, Snapfish was OK too, but I did like the Walmart quality better.....

NOW SOMEONE SHOOT ME....PLEASE........ it just sounds sooooo WRONG!
    The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

HELL, do an online 1 hour 8X10 and show up an hour and a half later (christmas photos time)..... You will be amazed at the $3.00 print!

Bigger can be done with 2 day in store delivery or you can ship to your house.

NOW SHOOT ME!
    The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".