Thread: Tampa 767 visits JFK

Tampa 767 visits JFK

Tampa Cargo 762 operating its yearly December 23rd flight for TACA. Flew in under TAI9201.

Senga

Nice pics, I really like the first one.

What flag is that on the plane, and shouldn't TAMPA cargo have a US flag on it? (Tampa=Florida=United States, if you get what I am saying ;))
    nwa FOREVER!

Its the Columbian flag.
    Yes I like the first shot too. I looked away when it started to turn and I missed the best angle.

Senga

Why only every December 23rd?
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Despite the US reg, TAMPA is not a US company (it's Colombian) and not named for the city in Florida, it's an acronym in Spanish, Transportes Aéreos Mercantiles PAnamericanos, which means literally "Panamerican Mercantile Air Transport or" basically "Panamerican Cargo Airline." They do fly to Florida, but only to Miami according to Wikipedia, not to Tampa...And in yet another global identity twist, this Colombian company that flies US reg aircraft is 50% owned by Martinair of Holland!

Just visited tampacargo.com. Very impressive!
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Where the PARK routing crosses the Expressway Visual 31
    To carry all of the excess baggage back to Central America. The routing was supposed to be MIA-JFK-IAD-San Salvador, but, due to the fog this morning in New York, it went to Washington first.

Yes I got the info about the diversion to IAD from Rafal this morning on the phone. I had been driving around the airport for nearly 2 hours looking and waited when I got there.

I was expecting this to be the third year in a row I would have missed this aircraft flying into JFK.
    Senga

Very, very nice shots Senga! I'm glad you caught her.

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s
    look at that reg... the numbers are HUGE!!
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mateo
    To carry all of the excess baggage back to Central America. The routing was supposed to be MIA-JFK-IAD-San Salvador, but, due to the fog this morning in New York, it went to Washington first.
    That reminds me of many year ago when i worked at JFK and saw Avianca bring in a 707F to carry the excess bags that wouldn fit on the pax bird . I've never seen so many bags ..lol

That would be worth a photograph in its self I bet.

Senga