Thread: FBO/Aircraft Rental Recommendations?

FBO/Aircraft Rental Recommendations?

Hey guys,

In addition to Panorama up in HPN, Nassau Flyers out in FRG, and Mid-Island over at ISP, can anyone suggest or recommend a place to rent a Piper Warrior or C172?

I know a few of you are pilots, so any experiences you've had would be useful in pointing me in the right direction.

Thanks,

Brian
    "My wife is an air traffic controller. I married her because I've always wanted to screw the FAA." - B. Wulle

IFP, ISP, JFK, IGM, SAN, VCV, LGA, LAX, SEE, LAS
    Brian if you are interested in a Piper Cherokee N56679 at FRG I can ask my friend. He owns it and just put a new engine with 10 new HP. He says it hums now. Not sure if he rents it but he might.
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s
    i've stuck to NFI simply because that's where i did my training. it's been a while since i was back there to rent something... then again i have access to an A36 bonanza quite regularly.

almost forgot. NFI's airplanes are old and still have steam gauges (which i love.) if you rent from there stay away from 71E, it's ridiculously slow. i'll be proving nick's point by asking this but is select still there? i know they had new 172's for a while.
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

Re: FBO/Aircraft Rental Recommendations?

I highly recommend Panorama at HPN and I would be more than happy to provide specific information on the school if you would like.

However, if you're looking for another place, I have a friend who flies out of LF Academy in FRG and really likes it. They rent Archers, Arrows, and a Seneca.
    Jason
    CFI/CFII
    Part 135 Dispatch

I know I told you already Brian, but I figured I'd put it out there for anyone else who might be interested....

http://www.heritageflightacademy.com/

-Matt
    ATP MEL, Commercial Pilot ASEL & ASES, CFII
    Instrument Airplane
    CL-65
    , ATR-42, ATR-72, LR-JET, LR-60
    AGI & IGI
    http://www.airliners.net/search/photo.s ... entry=true