Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Recommendation: Do Not Visit Costco Until Further Notice

IFP, ISP, JFK, IGM, SAN, VCV, LGA, LAX, SEE, LAS
    You never now what you'll see there. lol
    Phil and I saw two cows scoffing down whoppers and smoking trees!
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol

Quote Originally Posted by NIKV69
    You never now what you'll see there. lol
    Phil and I saw two cows scoffing down whoppers and smoking trees!
    To all, he's not exagerrating. Two soccer moms it seemed, puffin on green, and I don't mean Aer Lingus.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Ooh, ooh! I was there too! It was actually really gross.

Screw the marijuana they inhaled those whoppers like there was no tomorrow! One of them looked like a double too. That is some heavy duty eating.
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol

LMAO!!!
    Scott Snorteland
    http://www.srsimages.com

Alternate Spot

I used to go on the hill adjacent to the 22L arrivals on Rockaway Blvd. Is that spot still available or has it been fenced-off? I got my best shots there as it gave you views of approaching aircraft, aircraft directly overhead and a view of the touchdown. I have a feeling that area is closed-off.

I used to go on the hill adjacent to the 22L arrivals on Rockaway Blvd. Is that spot still available or has it been fenced-off? I got my best shots there as it gave you views of approaching aircraft, aircraft directly overhead and a view of the touchdown. I have a feeling that area is closed-off.
    I don't know about a hill but I walk to that big dirt area on Rockaway and shoot (just south) adjacent to 22L. No fence.

I hope everyone had a merry christmas.
    Yesterday I took a ride out to JFK but it started to rain and the lighting was very vary bad, but the were using 31R then they switched to 31L and 22L for arrivals but since the weather was bad I decided not to go to either spot.
    But have you guys heard any news regarding the new manager at costco?
    Have you guys spoken with him yet?
    Do you thnik if we were to speak with the officals at JFK airport they'd let us have a trip on the airport, like a tour if you want to call it that to obtain shots like Mario Craig has.
    Patrick O --- Staten Island, NY

News flash there's life after Costco... On Christmas Eve myself Nick, Josh, and Eric took up postion near the Firestone in the Bay Harbour Mall parking lot. It was a great spot, nobody said boo to us and the shots from there are great. All it takes is to get in your car and drive around a bit to find new spots.

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bird76
    News flash there's life after Costco... On Christmas Eve myself Nick, Josh, and Eric took up postion near the Firestone in the Bay Harbour Mall parking lot. It was a great spot, nobody said boo to us and the shots from there are great. All it takes is to get in your car and drive around a bit to find new spots.
    thats good news! can you post some shots so we can get an idea of what type of angle the planes come in at?
    Did anyone "eye" you in a weird way?

Quote Originally Posted by nikon50bigma
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Bird76
    thats good news! can you post some shots so we can get an idea of what type of angle the planes come in at?
    http://nycaviation.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4651

Here's the link from the 24th, we always get strange looks from ppl, no big deal.

C'mon, we all know Tommy gets wierd looks from people even when hes NOT spotting! :D
    nwa FOREVER!

But no news on the status of costco right?

All it takes is to get in your car and drive around a bit to find new spots.
    Where have I heard that before! :mrgreen:

That is always going to happen no matter where you are, better to ignore and act normal.

But no news on the status of costco right?
    Think Mike is speaking to his contact at Costco this week, if you have to shoot at Costco just do it smart, avoid it when it's prime time and if someone asks you to leave just leave and be nice.

Tommy, keep in mind my new spot at Firestone is not the end all, in summer that spot is dead late afteroon when the sun moves west and Costco is still a spot we will need to shoot at from time to time. Especially for those late summer shots on 31R. So we all need to treat the people at Costco with some respect for the long haul.

Is there any type of update regarding the status of costco?