Thread: KSUS - Spirit of St. Louis Airport

KSUS - Spirit of St. Louis Airport

Home now, after my first 2 days at KSUS. This rural GA airport to the SW of STL is fairly busy (based on my 2 days there). Figure about two-thirds of the amount of traffic Teterboro gets. (AirNav says TEB-597 ops/day, SUS 398/day.) I got to take a quick ride around the public airport road and found a few gems.

Like Sabreliners? How about a Mexican one?

How about the old Lockheed Jetstars? Although this one is not longer flying. Not only is it not flying, that tail number is assigned to a different aircraft!

Finally this old twin was parked in a way I could not see the tail #, when I go back this week, I'll try to get some better markings.

There is also an old Air Force jet on display as you come up the road to the airport, but I couldn't get a decent shot of it this past trip. Will try this week, while on break.

Very cool John, certainly more exciting then STL, lol

Yeah, not bad...just wish I had my camera & zoom set up when I got dropped off at the rental car place. Just then 3 F-15's from the Missouri Air National Guard did an overhead break and came in to land. Ah well, timing is everything.

A few more...

Week 2 in KSUS was tough, weather was crappy all week except for Friday. I did manage to grab a few cool shots though....

Blue Angel 7 in town making arrangements for their show in Sept 2007

Here's something you dont see everyday....a French aircraft, that is registered to Angola, sitting in the middle of the US.

[/url]

Awesome shot, i swear its been forever since ive seen a lockheed jetstar! :shock:
    Two wrongs might not make a right, but three rights make a left!

Amazing and COMPLEX airplane the Jetstar is.
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"