Thread: Air Canada E jets

Air Canada E jets

Talk about a great plane! I'm up in Edmonton, Canada right now and I was lucky enough yesterday to fly AC's E175, going home I'm on E190s for my two legs. I have to say these planes are great, like jetBlue AirCanada did it right, and even a bit better the jetBlue. Wide seats, great seat pitch, and the TV screens are double the size of B6 and their touch screen vs arm rest controlled. They didn't have live TV but the selection of programing and movies for a smaller narrow body plane is that of an Incontinenal flight. I have to say I'm totally sold on Embraer. Boeing and Airbus missed the boat big time with these birds.

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!
    In-flight TV is overrated anyway. In fact, most TV is overrated.

How were the FA's?

What did the takeoff seem like on the ERJ?
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187

Quote Originally Posted by mirrodie
    In-flight TV is overrated anyway. In fact, most TV is overrated.

How were the FA's?

What did the takeoff seem like on the ERJ?
    No good on the FA's, nice uniforms but they were a bit large. The pilots uniforms were just bad. Cool though the english french thing. I have to disagree about the TV thing, it def makes the flight pass by quickly.

Let us know what the 190s were like, and what two hops you took back.
    I'm learning to fly, around the clouds. But what goes up must come down. - Tom Petty

Quote Originally Posted by uplander
    Let us know what the 190s were like, and what two hops you took back.
    Coming back I'm doing YEG-YZZ-LGA. I'm guessing the E190s will be similar to the 170s.

Thanks for this, I have to go to Toronto next month and you've helped me choose my flights. Never been on an E-jet, only the smaller ERJs, so looking forward to this.

I'm flying LGA-YYZ-YUL-LGA next month, and booked my flights so I have an EMB-175 and EMB-190 on the first and last legs. A B762 will be operating the YYZ-YUL segment. I'll try to report with some pics etc. after the trip.

the 170 is one powerful beast. I flew one this past weekend and OMG!!! The power. We did a rolling departure on 14 at SRQ I was pinned to my seat and than on top of it we got off about 400 feet before the 4/22 intersection and were above ten grand by the time we made the sweeping right turn back over the top of the airport. AMAZING!
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

I think the E170 can take off on runways that are slightly shorter than 4000 feet! That's amazing especially since I don't think that the CRJ/CR7 or ER3/ERJ can do it.
    In loving memory of Casey Edward Falconer
    May 16, 1992-May 9, 2012

Ok, well, I wanted to fly the AC E-jet to YYZ, but my colleagues I am going there with dithered for so long about scheduling that the fares went way up, and I got stuck flying American Eagle ERJ because that was the only reasonable deal. Other than AC and Jetblue (which I don't fly), does anyone else fly E-jets in and out of the NYC area?