Thread: Emirates HAM Flight To Be A345 From April'07

Emirates HAM Flight To Be A345 From April'07

Hey Boys and Girls,

Looks like Emirates' EK205/206, now a 777-300ER, will switch to an A340-500 come April 2007. That'll leave the morning EK203/204 nonstop to Dubai as the only 77W flight.

It's interesting how they keep swapping the equipment on these flights. I'm sure we'll see more changes back and forth over the next few months and years.

Brian
    "My wife is an air traffic controller. I married her because I've always wanted to screw the FAA." - B. Wulle

Actually, according to the schedule EK 201/202 will swtich to the 777W also, meaning there will still be 2 777W flights into JFK daily.

Interesting swap, I'm surprised they didn't go with an A330 if they wanted a smaller plane for the route. Maybe they found there might be some demand for their First Class suites (only on the A345) to Europe. I've done the HAM flight on the 77W, now I guess I will have to try it again..

i was thinking, if i go to poland over the sumer, i would fly Emirates. if i go i think it will be cool to fly on a A340-500 of a 777, so im ok with this

Quote Originally Posted by Nonstop2AUH
    Maybe they found there might be some demand for their First Class suites (only on the A345) to Europe.
    That's a possibility, though by the looks of some A.net posts, the O/D traffic in HAM is negligible. If people wanted the suites to Dubai, there are two other flights to choose from.

Hmmm...

Brian
    "My wife is an air traffic controller. I married her because I've always wanted to screw the FAA." - B. Wulle

I would recommend Hamburg as an entry point to Europe or at least northern and north-eastern Europe. It's a relatively small airport, the lines are short, you can get in and out pretty quickly, very quickly compared to LHR, FRA, etc. There are some connections to German LCCs and a relatively quick bus to the city center. There's no rail connection but I've been told it's coming.

Where the PARK routing crosses the Expressway Visual 31
    But if you're flying a First Class Suite to Hamburg, are you really about to switch to Das Bus Auf Der Air?

Now I need to find out if I get pass rider privladges with them because I would love to try them out.
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"