Thread: AirNikon Passed away

AirNikon Passed away

I'm not sure if anyone saw the homepage ticker at A.net indicated that AirNikon has passed away. He has an impressive amount of photos on A.net and was also an A.net photo screener. I never meet him but its always sad to hear that someone in our hobby has passed. My blessings to him and his family.

That's sad. My blessings to his family.

His shots: http://www1.airliners.net/search/photo. ... ersion=6.0

...and unless the "counter" doesn't go above 9,999 - that's how many photos he had. Wow.

That name Airnikon......
    I remember when he used to be an AOL "Sysop"; yes I said Sysop (old school) on AOL's Aviation forums in 1996 and used to manage them. I used to upload my photos there and he would be the one who would ultimately deliver my first aviation photo related rejection (AOL). After my photo was rejected (naive) I could not for the life of me think of any ANYONE would reject a photo someone else uploaded to share with other people. He and I exchanged emails occasionally when I used to upload to A.N and asked him several time for assistance. He was the first aviation photographer that I ever communicated with.

Senga