Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The NYCA MANHATTAN Holiday Get together: December 21st

The NYCA MANHATTAN Holiday Get together: December 21st

Several of us have decided that it would be a good idea to have another Holiday get-together for NYCAers in Manhattan....we'd love for people from NJ, Westchester and beyond to be able to join in the festivites and would hate to have the distance of Suffolk County to limit that.

All Long Islanders (and anyone ele for that matter) are of course welcome to this event as well.

We'll figure out the best group-friendly place to have this....we're also taking suggestions!

I'd be willing to take a ride into the city that night.

I might be able to attend as well--it'll be great to finally meet some of you.
    "I can't wait until tomorrow, cause I get better looking everyday"
    --Joe Namath

We should try to come up with a place within stumbling distance of Penn and Grand Central. I haven't had coffee yet so my thinking cap isn't on.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

I researching on CitySearch right now. Will keep you posted. :)

Also, I'm thinking this should be at 7pm. Does that work for everyone?

Sounds good - I should be able to make that one!

How about this place? I actually almost arranged a party there recently but the event fell through. The food looks good...nice variety and fair prices.

Also very centrally located for everyone (38th between 5th and Madison, can't beat it!): http://www.butterfield8nyc.com/

There's also this if we want to do Italian: http://www.tonysnyc.com/

I'll call both to find out about large parties :)

Hey folks!

BU8 looks fantastic...and they have caesar salads, I'm game. :) Count me in, I should be free.

Brian
    "My wife is an air traffic controller. I married her because I've always wanted to screw the FAA." - B. Wulle

21st at 7 works for me. That butterfield place looks really good!
    "I can't wait until tomorrow, cause I get better looking everyday"
    --Joe Namath

The first place's menu is very limited, I'd say the second place, lots on the menu and its family style.

Ok guys...I just spoke with my contact at Butterfield and grabbed the last 2 booths in the bar area for that night....I made the reservation for the tables for 7:30 to be safe, though myself and others will most likely be arriving much earlier than that.

They only had 2 booths left to RESERVE, which means 10 people total, but since they're in the bar area, I think it will work out great, as we'll be able to stand and mingle around our table as well. I don't think we'll have more than 10 people anyway, but if we do and a 3rd table opens by ours, we'll be able to get that one, too.

So, whoever wants to meet BEFORE 7:30 at the bar, post and let us know. Phil and I will probably show up around 6:45 and if you'd like our cell #s, just shoot a PM and I'll be happy to provide them for any additional questions.

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bird76
    The first place's menu is very limited, I'd say the second place, lots on the menu and its family style.
    I called the first place and they're not group friendly around the holidays at all....that plus the fact that they're in Times Square and 4 days before Christmas and we have a disaster. I think that Butterfield will work out fine...and location is good for Long Islanders too. You don't think the menu is extensive enough? Did you look at the whole thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Mellyrose
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Bird76
    I called the first place and they're not group friendly around the holidays at all....that plus the fact that they're in Times Square and 4 days before Christmas and we have a disaster. I think that Butterfield will work out fine...and location is good for Long Islanders too. You don't think the menu is extensive enough? Did you look at the whole thing?
    Isn't the first place Butterfield's??? That's the one you posted first. Yes I did look at it. I think Buttefield has a limited Entrees menu which might not afford everyone's taste. I'm fine with their menu personally but there are only six main courses, I'd call that limited.

Calm down Tommy, please.

Yes, they might only have 6 entrees, but there are a TON of sandwiches, entree salads and sharable appetizers too....that's why I asked if you looked at the whole thing.

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!
    We'll see if we can join up.
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187