Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The NYCA MANHATTAN Holiday Get together: December 21st

You know us, hip bunch we are. :)

By the way, I will be attending since I didn't make that clear in my first post.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

I am THERE.

Hope more of you can make it. Just show up if you can. :)
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

!!!!!!!!

NEW VENUE: MADISON BISTRO, MADISON AVE BTW 37TH AND 38TH

Sorry for the last minute change, but the original place turned out to be more of a bar than a restaurant and they were carding people which would have shut some people out.

!!!!!!!!
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

He yall,

Really sorry if anyone didn't get that change in time. When Mel and I showed up early, we saw the place was "pumpin" and was very misleading when we made the reservations about the scene. Even though the name of the place said "restaurant and lounge", it was a loudbar that would noe have been conducive to the atmosphere we wanted.

We were able to get an 11-person reservation at a restaurant around the corner at a place called "Madison Bistro". It's at 238 Madison Ave between 38tha nd 37th, and they accomodated us well. Quieter with a great atmosphere, I think everyone that came had a great time.

We told the folks at the original place that if anyone looked lost or asked, to direct them to the new place, and they said they were willing.

Thanks to those who came or tried to. :(

Quote Originally Posted by Phil D.
    Really sorry if anyone didn't get that change in time. When Mel and I showed up early, we saw the place was "pumpin" and was very misleading when we made the reservations about the scene. Even though the name of the place said "restaurant and lounge", it was a loudbar that would noe have been conducive to the atmosphere we wanted.
    I don't know if you saw it, but there is more of a restaurant-type place in the back, past the bar (not that it matters much now, though).

Sorry I wasn't able to make it; I got stuck with a minor crisis at work and only got back home at around 11:30.
    Phil Gengler - NYCA's "other Phil"

Phil, I was worried about you coming because of the last minute change, since noneof us have your phone number. Hope you're not offended when I say I was glad you didn't come for that reason! haha

Definitely a lesson for the future....we need to take phone numbers by PM just in case of this stuff.

Hope to see you again soon.

I asked to be seated in the back restaurant area when I initially made the reservation, and they said they would accomodate us, but indicentally there was another holiday (private) party going on tonight.

The crowd was OBNOXIOUS when we got there. I damn near got knocked over by at least 3 drunk morons within 2 minutes.

The place we wound up at was MUCH nicer, and had a very comfy & holiday feel, with great food.

Quote Originally Posted by Mellyrose
    I asked to be seated in the back restaurant area when I initially made the reservation, and they said they would accomodate us, but indicentally there was another holiday (private) party going on tonight.

The crowd was OBNOXIOUS when we got there. I damn near got knocked over by at least 3 drunk morons within 2 minutes.

The place we wound up at was MUCH nicer, and had a very comfy & holiday feel, with great food.
    Glad that everyone had a good time; I might have to get myself over the Madison Bistro for lunch one day, as I've walked past it a lot without ever really noticing it. I wish I could have been there; would have been much better than hours in the office!

I suppose the experience at BU8 depends on when you go; I went for a lunch a few weeks ago and it was nice and quiet; I guess the dinner crowd is of a different breed (or at the very least doesn't have to worry about going to back to work drunk).
    Phil Gengler - NYCA's "other Phil"

Well that's what I was expecting from what I'd heard about it. I was very surprised and disappointed to find what we did.

Worked out anyway. :)

Yea, the place turned out to be really nice, and quiet and a great atmosphere! I apologize again for leaving early so suddenly; I don't know what came over me, but I really started feeling like crap, and didn't want to get sick at that place. I was actually up sick most of last night when I got back; first time I've been legatimately sick in over a year. But regardless, I feel bad for upping and leaving like that...
    Anyway I'm glad I got to meet most of you, and look forward to doing something like this again!

Clark, no worries at all man! Sucks that you got sick, but we were all glad to get to see you!

no pictures??? C'mon guys, does Fred have to be everywhere?