Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: JFK heavies

Quote Originally Posted by Iberia A340-600
    If 31R is in use on Monday I'll be at Costco, I'll keep you guys posted on what happens when I get back.
    monday is almost 1 1/2 days away how do you know 31R is going to be in use?
    Also if other people go back to costco, since they told someone of this fourm to go away does that he will call the cops on "us" next anyone of us go out there?
    Patrick O --- Staten Island, NY

Quote Originally Posted by nikon50bigma
    Quote Originally Posted by Iberia A340-600
    If 31R is in use on Monday I'll be at Costco, I'll keep you guys posted on what happens when I get back.
    Also if other people go back to costco, since they told someone of this fourm to go away does that he will call the cops on "us" next anyone of us go out there?
    I believe I said IF 31R was in use.

IFP, ISP, JFK, IGM, SAN, VCV, LGA, LAX, SEE, LAS
    Well at this point I suggest if we do go shoot there we keep it very low profile, don't stand outside your car with you camera around your neck and leave if asked. Let Mike do his thing and give it some time.
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol

I was thinking that if 31R was in use I might just head over to Burger King instead to avoid anymore trouble.

IFP, ISP, JFK, IGM, SAN, VCV, LGA, LAX, SEE, LAS
    I was thinking that if 31R was in use I might just head over to Burger King instead to avoid anymore trouble.
    Well the light is a key issue there. If you get there very early and they are using 31R go to the Kmart lot. Much better light. If you have a car just move around and don't stay in one place for more than a half hour hour or so.
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol

Gordon,
    BK is ok and the workers usually don't mind if people shoot there. But the motel next to it....The housekeeping and customers do call the cops when they see you from the windows.

Senga

nikon50bigma,
    You can use forcast data.

I use some of this stuff from time to time. With these you can check out what the models are forcasting over a week from now.

(My Fav) Used it for my storm chasing. Usefor for that new airline that you expect 5 days from now too.
    Use the GFS
    http://weather.cod.edu/forecast/

http://www.geocities.com/sengabutts/wxdata.html

Senga