Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The NYCA LONG ISLAND Holiday Get together: December 28th

I hope everyone had and is having a great Holiday Season! I'm sorry I missed both get togethers. I hope in the future I can meet some other members in a social gathering.

Have fun all and have a HAPPY NEW YEAR!

I'll be there. See you guys later.

Steve

Good times sorry tokey the bear (my sister) was a bit of a nag but we must do this again in the near future
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!
    Great to see you all! Glad to see such a nice crowd!

As Highheels soared home (at 70MPH, mind you), a corvette streaked by us at over 100 MPH. We thought we were standing still.

A few exits later, SCPD pulled him over at our exit. As we drove my I pulled down the window, threw my first up and cheered!

Isnt life wonderful?
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187

IFP, ISP, JFK, IGM, SAN, VCV, LGA, LAX, SEE, LAS
    As we drove my I pulled down the window, threw my first up and cheered!
    Aren't you the hypocrite!

As Highheels soared home (at 70MPH, mind you
    Ohh sure go slow when you have your wife in the car.

Good times tonight, glad to see all.
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol

Great Night

It was great to see old friends and meet new friends last night. I am sorry my stomach was acting up but it passed by this morning.

I would definitely do this again--and lets consider moving a little west so the city folk can join.

Happy New Year all,

Art
    It's the fares, stupid

Quote Originally Posted by NIKV69
    As we drove my I pulled down the window, threw my first up and cheered!
    Aren't you the hypocrite!

[quote:2573e]As Highheels soared home (at 70MPH, mind you
    Ohh sure go slow when you have your wife in the car.

Good times tonight, glad to see all.[/quote:2573e]

HELLO!!! SNAP ON TOOL!!! SHE was DRIVING!!! :shock: :shock:

And remember, I just like to takeoff and accelerate. Cruising at 70+ is boring. But watching blatant nuttiness on the road and having them get caught? Priceless!

As Art said, perhaps NAssau/Western Nassau should be considered for future events?? Mineola comes to mind since it has the best LIRR service and that could help all around. And in fact, I think Phil knows if a place there!

As for Peninsula, the food and ambience was great. The lucky roll was refreshing....salmon, eel and tuna wrapped in cucumber, no rice...and hte Ultimate creamy prawns were AWESOME!
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

HELLO!!! SNAP ON TOOL!!! SHE was DRIVING!!!
    Something you should consider as a permanent thing!

And remember, I just like to takeoff and accelerate
    After the Cross Bronx how can I ever forget?

As for Peninsula, the food and ambience was great. The lucky roll was refreshing....salmon, eel and tuna wrapped in cucumber, no rice...and hte Ultimate creamy prawns were AWESOME!
    Yes that sushi was awesome, much like everything in there.

As Art said, perhaps NAssau/Western Nassau should be considered for future events?? Mineola comes to mind since it has the best LIRR service and that could help all around. And in fact, I think Phil knows if a place there!
    Mineola is perfect. It is the most central local.
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol

Mineola is perfect. It is the most central local.

locale?

After the Cross Bronx how can I ever forget? Are you that much of am old man that a little bit of speed wears you out? ;)

Now Nik, show us all a photo of your tool towel. :D It is our highest award.

All in all, we were glad to see Steve, Art, Tom, John, Eric, Ryan, and Nicholas. Talks of all that flying had me jealous :)

I have heard this word "tool" thrown around occasionally by local photographers. What is a "tool"?

When I have heard it is it usually being used to describe another photographer what does it mean?

Am I a tool?
    Senga

Quote Originally Posted by SengaB
    I have heard this word "tool" thrown around occasionally by local photographers. What is a "tool"?

When I have heard it is it usually being used to describe another photographer what does it mean?

Am I a tool?
    Senga
    A tool is a Nikon user who worships Sam Chui, i.e Nick. Ah for that matter all Nikon users!!! AHAHAHAHA

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bird76

Am I a tool?
    Senga
    A tool is a Nikon user who worships Sam Chui, i.e Nick. Ah for that matter all Nikon users!!! AHAHAHAHA
    HEY! :evil:

I am a Nikon user too!

Alex
    www.southwest.com Bags Fly Free. Anytime, Anywhere on Southwest Airlines. Share the LUV!

[quote=Alex T]
    Quote Originally Posted by "T-Bird76":f9e8a

Am I a tool?
    Senga
    HEY! :evil:

I am a Nikon user too!

Alex[/quote:f9e8a]

I rest my case.... LOLOLOL

locale?
    Oh no Mario is correcting my spelling, I am done..

Now Nik, show us all a photo of your tool towel. It is our highest award.
    Will do a little later I got nine things going on here.

Am I a tool?
    Hmm it's a long story Senga, should tell you in person. Your not a tool though. :mrgreen:

I am a Nikon user too!
    What camera you get Alex?

Tool (insult)
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    The word "tool" may be used as an insult, describing someone who is being used by an establishment willingly (as a sycophant) or unwillingly (as one who blindly conforms). Tool was popularized as slang in the 1990s and 2000s.

The term most commonly describes someone who is being manipulated by large corporations or governments. In this context, the term is thought to be a shortening of the phrase "tool of the system". The insult is used in Western counter-culture to describe strong proponents of those institutions, who seem to truly believe in what is thought of as a mass deception. Tool may also be used to refer to members of the counterculture who conform to a prefabricated concept of rebellious behavior (eg. tattoos, intentionally ripped clothing, long hair and earrings on males). In this sense, tool refers to a person who mindlessly buys into pop culture or subcultural trends (eg. poseur, scenester). Tool can also be used to describe someone who follows a certain trend (eg. mini mohawk style hair, pink shirts, and a popped collar).

and from http://www.ocf.berkeley.edu/~wrader/slang/t.html
    tool n 1. a person who is impressionable, easily used by others; LOSER; WANNA-BE. ("That guy is such a tool. He would do anything to be accepted.")
    toolbox n 1. someone who is an extreme "tool". Note: etymology suggests that they are not just one "tool", but rather an entire set. ("That guy is such a toolbox.") 2. a group of "tools". ("Yeah, like I would go to their toolbox party.")

Those are the slang definitions. But in reality, a 'tool' was whatever definition you give it. Ie. Tom's definition states that tools shoot Nikon. (I love that definition :twisted: :mrgreen: )

But on this site, the definition has evolved to truly be a non-offensive term of endearment. Tom's a Makita, Nik is a Snap-on, Moose, well, the moose is loose, Phil is a Stanley, I'm a DeWalt, Eric's a Craftsman, etc. It's basically evolved that we're all a bunch of tools here. :lol: It's a thrice beaten dead horse of a joke that lives.

Actually, next time I see you, I'll go in greater detail. Ask me about CS too.

Am I a tool?
    Senga

Buddy, you're a tool in my book. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: We just have to get you a brand name now :D