Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: FSX, a first look (with pics)

FSX, a first look (with pics)

hey, i had FSX so quite some time and decided to write a first impressions review. i posted it on W900 here:

http://www.wings900.com/vb/general-squa ... -pics.html

enjoy

Who are you to say you don't see UFO's when you fly to Area 51?! :)

Some of the new features and missions sound pretty neat. What kind of machine do you have? I can't even run FS9 with all the graphics options turned on, so I'm guessing FSX will have to wait until I get a new computer. :(
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Nice Article G-BOAD,
    I too had FSX the day or came out. I have been faily disappointed with its performance and bugginess and the lack fo anything improved other than eye candy. Despite all of its short comings I still enjoyed flying it. I think it be cool to get a group of people together and fly sometime.

Gotham, Most people can't run the game well as you know, its kind of pathetic..I mean going from 50+fps that I had with FS9 fully maxed out with Real life airliners installed as AI planes to 6-20fps with average settings in FSX. No AI planes and no Autogen. I'll be getting a new cards in a few months when they come out.

I am disappointed with the taking away of the P2P MP option we had for so many years.

Ive never been a fan of having to connect to gamespy , battle.net or similar sites and stayed away.
    I do enjoy the shared cockpit option..

I'll post a few of my shots
    Senga

Heres a few of my new shots from FSX.
    For now I dont use autogen as it steals about 50 percent of my FPS :(

Senga

Nice shots Senga, the formation flying with a 737, awesome!
    nwa FOREVER!

OUTSTANDING Graphics! The water looks nothing short of real. I might have to add that to my Xmas list!

Those graphics are pretty, but it must suck at 9fps.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Yes it does, I had stated that in my previous post. It goes from 8-13fps when I am flying multiplayer and in large cities like NYC, HNL, LAX etc, MIA and DCA areas are pretty much unflyable.
    The lear shot on short final was LGA runway 22....at 6 FPS it was prety much unflyable . For now I stay way frmothe big cities.
    As you see in the shot with the nuke plants it gets higher when I am by myself.

I feel like this is FS2000 all over again :)

I'm running FSX on a 3.4 ghz Geforce 6800 256MB 1 gig ram system. I can only imagine what many others experience in this game.

Senga

TOmmy,
    Heres a few shot of the Terminal Gate area you asked about. Unfortunatly animated Gates and groundcrews are only at some of the major airports. Flying into HPN I found out that there isn't even a fuel truck at the airport in the sim! So if you fly a BBJ in there you have to taxi over to the manual self serve gas pump on the GA ramp-LAME
    I was at like 3-5 FPS with the AI planes and ramp services in NYC. Totally unplayable. Big cities are a no go for me in FSX and probably 80 percent of others. Its like Giant TFR for poor frame rates :)
    This 737-800 was being unloaded,loaded when I took the pik.

Senga

Senga does the ground crews really unload the plane or is it just static display?

Everything you see in the pik moves.....I tried to get the fuel truck closer but its moved away before I could take a shot LOL
    The tug gives you a push back too. The AI ground crews also taxi all overt the airport and dont just sit at the gates.....you have to be careful not to hit one when you are taxiing around cause they don't stop for you!(give me a break MS!) Wether you are in a Cessna or a 747. If you take a closer look you might even see Mike M !
    Senga

Do the default cockpits have any more functionality? I was frustrated by the shortage of controls in FS9.

Yes they even included a APU Gasp!!! GLad I don't have to sit there with one engine running so my power doesnt cut off. I usually used the 2d panels in the past but now you cant see over them in FSX.whats the point of having them in FSX now that you cant see over them when you are taxiing, landing/TO.
    BTW this quesiton will be comming from someone later......NO FSX does not fix the problem with AI planes comming in at the same time.. Makes you wonder that MS was doing over the last few years! Instead of making a sim unplayable I was hoping they would focus on irorning out the issues that plauged FS9.
    FS9 KMSP arrivals

I saved these as gifs so they look kind of funny.

Can anyone pick out the NEW colors NWA DC-9 and A320 in this pik?

Senga

the 9 is directly behind a old colors 9 real hard to spot out and the bus in new colors is the second to last plane
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

Very good you get a free version fo FSX :)
    When I was in FSX a while back I whitnessed this happening again with only TWO planes! I cant tell you how annoyed I was. I was like .. WHYY!!!!!!!!!!!! WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! arms raised

Senga