Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: FSX, a first look (with pics)

My big ones - PMDG and PSS are working on it still...I need to look this weekend into my others - particularly the add-on airport ones.
    Mark Lawrence - KFLL
    Davie, FL

Community Manager NYCAviation.com
    email: [email protected]

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=1538
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/9633283@N04/

i got some more:
    red bull really low in in the UAE (surprisingly i did not fly from Dubai, like always):

737 "JANET" from AMS with engine failures. (two different flights)
    first:
    failure in E 1
    just landed, safely

failure in E 1
    took off and crashed

Cool graphics

G-BOAD how did you get the engine flire :)

I haven't flown the 737 yet

Senga

For those interested. I think Tommy asked about the airport jetways in fsx. I did find out how to animate them. Press (CTRL J)
    However, they only work with the default FSX planes and planes that have been modified to work with FSX and FSX planes. If a plane doesn't have "Contact points" it will not work and you will have to manually add the command lines. The "Contact Points" or Coordinates tell FSX where to position the jetway on the plane.
    Under the "exists" line in the "aircraft.cfg" file heres the Boeing 737-800 as an example.
    [exits]
    number_of_exits = 2
    exit.0 = 0.4, 52.6, -5.0, 8.0, 0 //openclose rate percent per second, longitudinal, lateral, vertical positions from datum (feet), type (0=Main 1=Cargo 2=Emergency)
    exit.1 = 0.4, -38.5, 4.5, -3.0, 1 //openclose rate percent per second, longitudinal, lateral, vertical positions from datum (feet), type (0=Main 1=Cargo 2=Emergency)
    exit.2 = 0.4, 33.5, 3.5, -4.0, 2 //openclose rate percent per second, longitudinal, lateral, vertical positions from datum (feet), type (0=Main 1=Cargo 2=Emergency)
    sd

It looks pretty cool also the ground vehicles also come to other coordinates too at other points on the plane.
    Senga

Man, that looks so cool! Senga, what computer are you running that on? It looks amazing!
    nwa FOREVER!

Also, GBOAD, how did you get the engine fire, that is awesome!

And Senga, can you open the overwing exits? I have always wanted to do that in FS. Are there any emergency slides that can be deployed on any of the exits?
    nwa FOREVER!

Matt,
    I am operating at the following specs:
    P4
    3.4ghz
    1GB ram
    256MB Geforce 6800 vid card

I don't think the developer animated the wing exists. I think the front left exit is the only animated exit. However if he did it would be under another key command that I don't know right now. Nope no emergency slides or anything. I downloaded a few planes that had animated stairs though.
    Senga

Quote Originally Posted by SengaB
    Matt,
    I am operating at the following specs:
    P4
    3.4ghz
    1GB ram
    256MB Geforce 6800 vid card
    Dang man!, nice setup! The only thing that you may POSSIBLY ever need is another gig of ram! :D
    nwa FOREVER!

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s
    does FSX support FS9 aicraft? i've got a few helicopters for 9 that i don't want to lose. also, whats up with the graphics in the top pix? are they really that bad or are the settings just low?
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

He has his settings turned down for those (a lot)

From what I have seen, FSX has some awesome graphics, but eats your system resources!
    nwa FOREVER!

Matt,
    Yes FSX is a massive system Hog. I'n my 18 years of computer gaming have NEVER seen a program run as ineffeciently and as unacceptably as FSX does. The sad part is the only difference in FSX and FS9 is nothing but eye candy. I do plan on getting a new vid card and 1 or 2 more gigs of RAM after the FSX patch comes out and some new vid cards are marketed. FSX still has a chance of ending up like FS2000 I think.

In my opinion FSX is quite buggy and isn't streamlined like FS2002 and FS2004 was. They tried to push forward but maybe pushed a little too hard too fast with FSX

Matt C.
    I think G-BAODs shots are dedault for his set up.

I read yesterday that FSX can suck up almost a gig of memory under certain circumstances.

Interesting thread on FSX..most are like this.

http://jonpatch.wordpress.com/2006/1...ou-buy-fsx-now

This video pretty much sums up FSX :)
    tcW3hbnR2EI
    Senga

So I got FSX for christmas today and I'm having a totally sh*t time with it! :(

I keep crashing and I'm not going to get started on my landings... :lol:

Gordon, are you new to MSFS?

Senga

Quote Originally Posted by SengaB
    Gordon, are you new to MSFS?

Senga
    Eh... I've had FS2004 and the FS98 in the past but haven't really ever gotten into it, I'm going to try though.