Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best Airport Food you Have Had?

Best Airport Food you Have Had?

What's the best airport food you have ever had?

Name the place and the airport (When would be cool too)

For me (I havn't done much non-fast food airport dining) it would be the Jose Cuervo Tequileria in the L.C. Smith Terminal in Detroit. VERY good and authentic Mexican food there. I went there one time while spotting, it is before security and that is nice.

The Jose Cuervo Tequileria at DTW was actually the first one built in an airport, kind of cool. Now with the McNamara, they built one there and when another new terminal is built (will be finished in 2008) they are building one there.

BUT: a lot of people tell me the best place to eat is Dickies BBQ at DFW, I know people who connect there just for Dickies.
    nwa FOREVER!

Definitely Dickie's BBQ. In fact, I'm flying through DFW next week just to eat there and take AAdvntage of the double miles promotion. If you are lucky enough to know an AA employee, there is an outstanding employee cafeteria at the AA terminal in the lower level at LAX which has to die for breakfast burritos and an Advocado Chicken sandwich which is also to die for. Burrito Beach at ORD near the H/K terminal is another noteworthy mention.
    Cessna 6MA Kennedy tower, Rwy 31L, CLEAERD TO LAND!

Don't do a lot of airport food, but whenever I fly through Midway, I make it a point of stopping at Harry Carey's restaurant for lunch/dinner before the flight home.

The Tequilary in CLT has great food among other things to consume there. I also really enjoythe bayfront grill at SRQ I reccomend it to everyone who elects to eat after landing at SRQ.
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

Seafood - In late 90s I used to fly to BOS just to eat there in Legal Seafood restaurant in US Airways terminal. (millage run + great food) :)

Chicken - Since year 2000 I've been flying thru ATL a lot. In one of the terminals (can't remember which one right now), there is great chicken place. Best chicken that I ever had at any airport :)

Pork & Sausage - You can't beat pork chop sandwich at Frankfurt Hahn (HHN) airport in Germany :) Simple sandwich but very tasty :) Also I had frankfurter sausage at that airport with some local beer. Great combination :)

Rafal
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Its basic economics, I don't understand it at all..." - Randy Marsh, South Park, CO

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!
    FIGS at LGA does a great job.

And this really good wrap/burrito place in DTW does quite well. Dont recall the name though :(
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187

What airline did you fly on (or you can answer me, was the terminal a dump, or was it really nice?), I can probably help you out on the name
    nwa FOREVER!

the chillis in the Southwest terminal at TPA is really good , their Buffalo chicken strips are tasty =] also on a plane - Southwest's " Plane Crackers" are pretty good - maybe Alex can get me that for Christmas =]
    -Bobby Catone

ALL views, opinions expressed are mine ONLY and are NOT representative of those shared by Southwest Airlines Co.

Figs at LGA is nice, that's celeb chef Todd English so it ought to be, I also like the Encounter in the famous Theme Building at LAX, worth visiting just for the view and Jetsons-style ambiance but food wasn't bad either. Not connected to the terminal though, sort of sits in the landside infield of all the terminal buildings. Also just had a decent meal at the Shipyard Brewing Co in PWM. Not sure if it;s still there but in Mexico City I used to like La Cuchara Macara, which is upstairs outside the arrival hall, bit out of the way so never too crowded. Of course, Emirates does a gorgeous buffet spread in its lounge at JFK but you have to be an EK premium passenger (or an Eos passenger) to get in there.

I think I've only eaten two meals in terminals...Figs with Phil and Tommy which was good, and McDonald's in the UA/BA/HP terminal at JFK...EFFIN' AWESOME!
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Quote Originally Posted by tipek
    Chicken - Since year 2000 I've been flying thru ATL a lot. In one of the terminals (can't remember which one right now), there is great chicken place. Best chicken that I ever had at any airport :)
    Was it Chick-Fil-A? They do have the best chicken sandwiches as well as chicken strips and nuggets. Didn't know that ATL had one but MCO also has one outside of security in the food court.
    Cessna 6MA Kennedy tower, Rwy 31L, CLEAERD TO LAND!

No, I know for sure it wasn't at Chick Fil A.

Rafal
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Its basic economics, I don't understand it at all..." - Randy Marsh, South Park, CO

How about best airpot bars etc? My personal favorite was also a restaraunt in Charlotte.
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

There is also a Chick-Fil-A in Airside F (USAirways) in TPA. Great fast food that is not available here in NY. I ate at them a lot when I still lived in TPA, they are in most of the malls in Florida and the Southeast .

While Figs at LGA is pretty good the former Antons (the sit down Restaurant) in the LGA US Terminal has been thru a huge makeover and is now Cibo Bistro and Wine Bar, a really cool Italian theme Restaurant that I hope some of you can try the next time you are in the US Terminal at LGA, very cool new place !

Cheers

LGA777

Hey Ron do not forget the new announcements for food courts arriving in the terminal soon! LOL wow sounds like an advertisement for our terminal lmao. Matt Chime in at any time on this lol.