Thread: Back to Canada

Back to Canada

Ok boys and girls behave yourself while I'm visiting our friends to the north this week. I'll be back up in Canada for work again, hopefully my trip will have less delays then the last one.

Dont forget to bring back the good Molson, eh!

Where the PARK routing crosses the Expressway Visual 31
    The good Molson? You can get Canadian and Ex here, Dry is just awful, and Hi Dry is <shudder>
    If you're going to bring back something, pick up a two-four of Boreale Rousse - there's a quality brew.

Im just sayin' Molson down here is 3% Alcohol, up there 5%...you do the math. It's better up there.

The Molson in the US is only 3%? Is that even allowed to be called beer?

Hi Dry is 6.5% ;)

Regular Molson is about 5%, Molson XXX, which is now sold down here, is 7.3%.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Speaking of Canada I wentr there on a date today after work. Didnt drink any beer I was in uniform but called my mom with one foot in Canada and the other in the USA
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

Hey, anyone coming up YOW way, give me a shout. :D

BTW, the difference between Molson in Canada and the US is really none. Canadian labels list the alcohol % by volume, and US by weight (ASAIK). You get the same buzz.

Another misconception... anybody care to guess what the #1 selling beer here is?
    I'm learning to fly, around the clouds. But what goes up must come down. - Tom Petty

Quote Originally Posted by uplander
    Another misconception... anybody care to guess what the #1 selling beer here is?
    I'm going to say...Budweiser.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

With all the good beer around, it's still Bud. What's the best selling Canadian-owned beer, anyway? Molson is Coors, Labatt is InBev (Belgium - they also have Keith's and Kokanee), Sleeman is Sapporo... My guess would be Moosehead, since I know it's distributed in Eastern and Central Canada, and lots of other regional breweries are hampered by the 'brewed where sold' law. McAuslan and Boreale are still Quebec-only as far as I know, and Unibroue sold out to Sleeman right before the Japanese takeover.

Hey Moosehead is some pretty good stuff.

Haven't had it in about 15 years, but used to find it in stores around LI back then, don't know if it's still sold around here.

I think think Fosters sold in the US is made in Canada, am I right?

Yeah, Bud is # 1. GothamSpotter wins a case of Bud, a case of Mooshead for moose135, but Mateo wins the prize for most beer knowledge (or would that be consumption :mrgreen: ).
    I'm learning to fly, around the clouds. But what goes up must come down. - Tom Petty