Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My "why Macs are better than your PC" thread ;)

Lies!!!! You can hook up a Microsoft Mouse to ANY Mac (desktop or laptop) and use it, fully functional. Also, control+click=right click with a one button mouse.

HA.

Taskbar.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Dock=Taskbar....and then the function buttons take care of the rest.

F9: Shows ALL open windows in a cascade display (also, all and any video or moving pictures/flash, etc continues to play in these modes.)

F10: Shows all open windows for the program currently selected.

F11: Equivilent to the "Show Desktop" button....clears all windows immediately.

F12: Dashboard, as illustrated in the topic starter.

Ok....now, 4 more things that a Mac can't do that a PC can't. I'll give you taskbar, since that's a personal preference for interface (though I believe there are plug-ins that allow for a Window's style taskbar)

Mel-

Do you mean program wise? (Within the computer) or anytime/anywhere?

Because one of the reasons I switched to PC was I couldn't play games on Mac's, it required an updated IE/Firefox which Mac's did not have.

2. I couldn't play music videos from websites such as launch.com on Mac's because of the same reasons.

3. MSN is crap on Mac's, mine does not recognize my webcam so I cannot use webcams on Mac's, but I can on windows.

Those were the reasons I switched.

But now like I said since I am getting a laptop, I prefer an apple for this occasion because I won't be doing that stuff on the mac laptop (or is it called powerbook?)

Alex
    www.southwest.com Bags Fly Free. Anytime, Anywhere on Southwest Airlines. Share the LUV!

The newest Mac laptop is a Macbook (or Macbook Pro).

There are some video capabilities, mostly streaming from certain websites, that Macs aren't compatible with, but there's almost ALWAYS a plug-in or patch.

Do you mean MSN messenger? Also, I have the latest version of Firefox on my Mac....maybe it's changed since you checked it out. There are constant helpful updates for programs.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex T
    Mel-

Do you mean program wise? (Within the computer) or anytime/anywhere?
    I really meant program/power/functionality wise. Not necessarily just cool little features like the dashboard.

Ahh ok, It was a year ago I checked the features out when deciding for a Windows or Apple and I decide for the functions I needed to do, a windows computer suited me better.

Yes, I did mean MSN Messenger.

I am going to an apple store in 2 weeks to look and get the Macbook then and will be sure to check out those features, my friend has the same one (which is why I wanted it because I liked the features it had) and he will help me out when I look at it.

Mel, we can have a mactinosh party once I get my macbook :P I fear, we would be the only two members haha.

Alex
    www.southwest.com Bags Fly Free. Anytime, Anywhere on Southwest Airlines. Share the LUV!

Phil is now a closet Mac fan. I'm calling him out. The only thing he dislikes is the lack of taskbar, which can be solved by downloading a program from the FrontEnds website....OR you could just install and run bootcamp which, guess what, allows you to STARTUP your Mac in Windows mode and run it entirely as a PC. What PC can do that as a Mac?

When I turned my PC into a Mac awhile back (just made it look like it), not only didn't it act like a Mac, but it crashed my system on top of it.

What PC can do that as a Mac?
    None as far as I know! :D

That really is an awesome feature to be able to do that on your PC to make it look like a mac.

Phil--Is it time to come out yet and admit your love for Mac's? ;)

Alex

Before Mel got hers, I was very anti-Mac.

But like Mel's influence on me to try Sushi and other things like cow tipping, she also turned me on to Macs....somewhat.

The taskbar thing is HUGE for me. I use a Quick Launch bar for programs on my PC (similar to Mac's Dock) and a taskbar. Calling the Mac's dock a taskbar is misleading, and it adds extra steps to getting to the one window that you might want open.

I've not seen the taskbar features Mel speaks of, but otherwise, I was very impressed with her Mac.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Hey Mel are you using a desktop of labtop?

I have a Macbook at home, and an iMac at work.

And the desktop your showing is from the iMac or Macbook?

I will stick to my windows. Besides you do not have flight sims as good as Microsoft for a mac.
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

Like I said before, you can run Windows and all of it's programs 100% operational on the new Macs, so you can have your flight sims on a mac, but with better resolution and graphics!

:neiner neiner neiner:

:-P

Quote Originally Posted by hiss srq
    I will stick to my windows. Besides you do not have flight sims as good as Microsoft for a mac.
    Not True, ever heard of X-Plane?

I have it, and I find the flight systems are FAR more superior then to MSFS.

In flight dynamics and controls it was rated by FAA as the number one Flight sim in terms of flight sim.

Try again! ;)

Alex