Thread: CNN "International"

CNN "International"

It seems as though CNN has changed their website to aim for visitors from other countries with a lot more international news.

It's great and all, but it gets annoying when they put foreign sports headlines that I know nothing about in with the normal news headlines. Sorry for not being more of a car buff, but the headline " McLaren name Hamilton with Alonso" told me nothing about what the news was, and I had to read almost the whole article to realize that McLaren is a car company and they chose two guys Hamilton and Alonso to race for them as drivers.

I thought they were talking about strange winter/summer weather patterns in the headline " England in sweat as Aussies shine". Turns out they are talking about Cricket or something. I only figured this out because there happened to be a photo, otherwise, nothing in the article told me they were talking about cricket. I kinda wanna play it, but nevertheless!

I just think a little more background in articles for us uncultured Americans would be fair when you take away one of our few decent news sources online.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Since when is the communist news network a decent news source? Spin Spin Spin Spin and Nancy Disgrace on that network to boot
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

Ahhhh it is CNN "International" not "CNN International for the lay American." It’s a bit presumptuous to think that as an American if we don't understand they need to explain it to us. I'm sure there are plenty of U.S news stories on there that people in other countries might not fully understand.

But theyhave their own news sources as well that we don't use. I made a joke about uncultured Americans, but I don't think there is that much involved here.

Even in the average local political article, they will give a lot of background so not to assume that the average idiot American doesn't know what's going on inhis/her own city. Same journalism should apply anywhere, no matter what the topic.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].