Thread: Some interesting reading for you Delta fans !

Some interesting reading for you Delta fans !

I really like the part about the over-expansion at JFK, I totally expected this as Delta seemed to put the cart before the horse when they added so many flights without improving an already overtaxed and aging facility ! Good Reading unless you LOVE Delta !

http://www.usatoday.com/travel/columnis ... elli_x.htm

Cheers

LGA777

But that excuse does not explain Delta's atrocious performance at Kennedy Airport in New York, where the airline's runaway expansion this year has severely stressed its aging facilities at Terminals 2 and 3. A $20 million spruce-up of the generations-old buildings—the oval-fronted Terminal 3 is the former Pan Am Worldport that first opened in 1960—simply hasn't been able to keep pace with Delta's JFK expansion.
    [...]
    Neither building is capable of handling the number of planes, passengers and bags that Delta's new schedule has generated.
    Even without Delta's expansion, T2 and T3 do not and have not served Delta well, IMHO. (As well as other airlines, although most of them are now gone.)

For the record, AA's old T8/T9 was bearable, and jetBlue's T6 is fine.

-Will
    Wings Down Under on Flightglobal

Very good article and dead on. Delta's growth at JFK has been questioned by many. Even CO's CEO said they wouldn't be surprised to see Delta drop many of the new flights at JFK. From my perspective I hope this merger goes through. The ability for me to access Delta's network and earn miles that I'll actually use is a big plus for me. Right now I avoid Delta completely.

Even CO's CEO said they wouldn't be surprised to see Delta drop many of the new flights at JFK.
    I wouldnt expect the CEO of CO to say anything but that, as his interest is to protect the CO hub at EWR.