Thread: Want to go to sleep in style? (Air France 773ER First Class)

Want to go to sleep in style? (Air France 773ER First Class)

hey guys

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=5804913

is it me or does that pic make u want to go to sleep in that plane =] ahh sweet dreams :D
    -Bobby Catone

ALL views, opinions expressed are mine ONLY and are NOT representative of those shared by Southwest Airlines Co.

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s
    beats the second to last middle row in coach... then again i got that one for free.
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

Well it sure did look comfortable as I passed it while boarding last Thursday. However I was not as envious as when I flew with Iberia on their A340-600 and could stare at Business Plus the entire time.

actually, it doesn't look comfortable at all. I'm 6'6" and it doesn't look like I fit.

Quote Originally Posted by JRadier
    actually, it doesn't look comfortable at all. I'm 6'6" and it doesn't look like I fit.
    6'6"?!?!?! Holy sh!t, you do not even need to stand on a vehicle to shoot over most airport fences??? I am very impressed!
    The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!
    I prefer the non coffin looking seat. Allows a bit more room to stretch.

But the seat looks nice and I like the wood tones.

AA F has a similar seat, nice but can be limiting if you want to stretch.

TN F was a bit more open so I prefer that style of seat.

Real Estate in the sky... amazing how picky I can be ;)
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187

Real Estate in the sky... amazing how picky I can be
    hahaha that air france seat is prob the cost of a house on long island lol
    -Bobby Catone

ALL views, opinions expressed are mine ONLY and are NOT representative of those shared by Southwest Airlines Co.

Quote Originally Posted by Derf
    Quote Originally Posted by JRadier
    6'6"?!?!?! Holy sh!t, you do not even need to stand on a vehicle to shoot over most airport fences??? I am very impressed!
    small step ladder usually does the trick

Sad thing is this.

The seat probably costs the airline...

maybe $10,000 to $15000 per seat to buy. I only throw the figure out as I know BA paid 22,000 pounds per pair of Concorde seats.

But on each flight, that F seat takes up roughly 5-6 coach seats at $400/round trip so the value of that spave is roughly $2400.

The F class seat selling price/round trip probably costs ($400)x(6)=2400 plus....IIRC a transatlantic F seats is roughly 4-6K/round trip.

So within a week of flying that plane, the company was recooped the cost on the seats. Not bad.

But is like real estate on the island. you pay for the land, not the house, as we learned....so you pay for the space, not the seat ;)
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

Concorde seats were nothing special, aside from being leather and being on Concorde. When you get to the upper end of the market today, you are talking about less of a seat than a sort of passenger accomodation unit. The Emirates First Class suites on the A340-500 apparently cost them something on the order of $125,000 USD per unit. The cost is really not in the seat itself but the electronics and bells and whistles attached to it, e.g. the mechanisms to adjust it to different positions, the wiring for the lighting and IFE, the airbag (for angled seats) etc. etc. The size of some of these things approach that of a small Manhattan studio apt, and are probably a good value in comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by mirrodie
    I only throw the figure out as I know BA paid 22,000 pounds per pair of Concorde seats.
    Concorde seats were nothing special compared to today's modern first class seats, so aside from being leather and comfy, I'm guessing they were so expensive because along with all that, they had to be super light.

I have to say Emirates' SkySuite is the most impressive seating I've ever seen, with its sliding doors and "privacy screen". http://www1.airliners.net/open.file/1124655/L/
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

I would love to ID90 on them with someone hahahahaha That would be one hell of a sweet! flight. I bet people rack up "miles" in those suites too in flight.
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

I'm guessing they were so expensive because along with all that, they had to be super light.

That's exactly it. I spoke with a few BA personnel and Britax personal and that was the primary reason, ie: the lightweight materials used.

Yeah, I can't wait to fly Emirates... I think that F class on most of the Asian and Mid Eastern Carriers is just amazing.