Thread: "CitiField" Should Be Great for Spotting

"CitiField" Should Be Great for Spotting

I haven't thought of this before, and I haven't heard any news reports mention it...LGA 13 departures fly directly over the outfield parking lot at Shea, and 31 arrivals pass just to the northeast, making it close enough to hear the jets, but still far enough away to not be unbearable. But for those players and fans who think those planes are annoying at Shea now...the new stadium is being built in the outfield parking lot, directly beneath the flight path.

I wonder if local pols will be pressuring the FAA to shift these routes a bit, at least during games. Is it even possible?

Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

I just drove past the stadium while exploring my new home away from home 45 plus hours a week and getting used to the area and was wondering about that myself
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

I dont think it will affect departures much, but Expressway Visual 31 arrivals might come too close. I wouldn't be surprsied if someone did recommend changes because of it.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Departures are a lot louder though.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9