Thread: Another JP rejection

Another JP rejection

Sigh... :( 0 for 2 now. Reasons: dark, cropping, and horizon. Any help appreciated.

* Dark: I can understand it's underexposed. Still trying to figure out whether it's best to use spot or matrix metering for these kinds of shots or moving targets too. Currently using the in between setting of "Center Weighted".

* Cropping: I don't get it. Many photos in database are just partial aircraft.

* Horizon: I guess so. But there also a noticeable drop-off at the threshold of the runway. If I were to straighten it, the trees wouldn't be vertical (then again, maybe they wouldn't notice).

Anyway, this one's for nwafan20

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewreject_b.php?id=1200673

(Link is to temporary holding location on the JP db, so it will only work for 14 days.)
    I'm learning to fly, around the clouds. But what goes up must come down. - Tom Petty

IFP, ISP, JFK, IGM, SAN, VCV, LGA, LAX, SEE, LAS
    Exposure is poor and you could probably do some CCW rotation and get things level and the trees will still be straight. Kind of confused about the crop. I don't know if they mean a border or the fact you have much more room in front of the nose than the stab. Work on getting the exposure right when you shoot though. That is most important.
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol

The shot itself is real nice, post editing isn't such, but I love that shot! Thanks a lot! Do you want to send it to my email ([email protected]) to see what I can do with it? I would appriciate it if you could.
    nwa FOREVER!

here was my best try (sorry for late responce, only got your email a few days ago and I was busy)
    nwa FOREVER!

It seems over processed to me and the sky is noisy. I'd say leave this one for the personal collection.

It must be my monitor, but what looks overprocessed on it? I will try to fix it, like I said, I can't tell on my monitor.
    nwa FOREVER!

Thanks Matt. Well, I submitted it anyway just in casenwafan20
    because IMO it's a whole lot better than it was before.
    I'm learning to fly, around the clouds. But what goes up must come down. - Tom Petty

IFP, ISP, JFK, IGM, SAN, VCV, LGA, LAX, SEE, LAS
    Tommy's right it is overprocessed. Look at the fuselage closely from the titles to the regi. Looks very overdone. Good luck with it.
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol

Well what do you know. It made it in :!: :!: :!:. Thanks to nwafan20 for fixin' it up.

Wow... my 1st. The message thread title doesn't apply any more.

Congrats! For everyone else, heres the link: http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=5859322
    nwa FOREVER!

Congrats Uplander.. you are on your way.

Whats ironic to me though is J E T P H O T O S . N E T across the sky looks more "unnatural" than any issue the image had in the first place... but, I know, I am being arbitrary .. :)

Again, congrats.. those regional jets really do often look better in settings and spots like the one you have here at (I assume) a small airport.

Best Regards,
    Tom
    "Keep 'em Flying"

Thanks.

YOW is small by NYC measure of traffic, but not that small... physically about like LGA, Actually, it's been recently expanded and ranks high in customer satisfaction (2nd overall for worldwide airports between 0 and 5 million passengers): http://www.ottawa-airport.ca/Newsroom/p ... hp?prID=82

That picture was taken from a spot besides a golf course, where you can get a wooded background. To shot over the fence, I was standing on the roof of my car.