Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: LGA Airline Show and Sale This Saturday!

LGA Airline Show and Sale This Saturday!

This Saturday at the LGA Marriot Courtyard (one block from Planeview, not the other Marriot) will host the annual LGA Airline Show and Sale!

From 9am-4pm, you can check out vendors from all around the country selling ALL KINDS of airline memorabilia from models (tons), shirts, safety cards, advertisements and all kinds of stuff.

The LGA show has been growing each year, and with there not having been any EWR or BOS shows this year, I'm expecting this one to be MUCH bigger.

NYCAviation will have a table where we will be showing some photographs and showing off the website.

I already know that many NYCAers are coming, and I highly urge all of you folks to come.

WARNING: DO NO BRING MONEY THAT YOU ARE NOT WILLING TO SPEND! You WILL see things you like and you won't be able to resist. Leave your ATM card at home if you need to.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

One of the vendors and friend of mine Mike Chew from SFO who owns Mainliner Books (He always has a large set of tables at most shows, mostly models) just informed me he is arriving Friday morning and hopes to shoot at either LGA or JFK. I know this is incredibly last minute but with Fridays great weather forecast if anyone is going out and could show Mike around (he is staying at the Show Hotel with no car) he and I would both be really grateful. If anyone is interested just PM me and I will give you Mike's cell. Again really friendly and interesting guy, Thanks in advance if anyone can help, I am unavailable but hope to make a short show appearance on Saturday.

Thanks Again

Ron Peel

Me and Justin Idle will be there for sure I get in tomorow night if I do not decide to non rev all over the nation from CLT first ha ha ha
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

traffic two o'clock two miles southbound flight of four C-130s
    i'll be showing up before i have to go to work, it'll be late morning when i go as i'd have to take my car to the lot and them bus to my terminal. should be there around 1030 or 1100, i'd stay until about 1230.

edit: i'll be wearing a green northface sweater and my blue boeing cap.
    it is mathematically impossible for either hummingbirds, or helicopters to fly. fortunately, neither are aware of this.

sounds interesting !!!! May attend myself wearing gray on gray and an EMDEON CORP CAP!!!!! Depending on babies mood..

On our way to the show. Stop by our booth and say hi!

The show was a GREAt time! Mete a bunch of peopleand quite a few members came out, too.

I got a North American 767-300 (N767NA) and 737-800 (N802NA), thigns I really shouldn't have gotten.....ouchie wallet. lol

These shows are always a lot of fun, and buying stuff on the internet is jsut not as fun as finding something cool in a stak of models and getting the instant gratification after haggling down the price a couple bucks.

We (NYCA) ended up having only one table as opposed to two and we were stuck in the corner (was kinda pissed.....well...I'm lying about the "kinda" part actually). We sold some photos and promoted the site to a bunch of people who seemed pretty interested. Expect to meet some new friends soon. :)

i had a great time too. Shoulda brought a napkin to stop the drool lol. It was great to get out there and meet everyone I did as well.
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

i went and had a great time. got myself some nice salty cards. also got a chance to meet some NYCaviaton member and look at some nice photos.
    here is one i took of the show:

the NYCaviation table is in the back corner

I dropped in right at the very end while NYCAviation was packing up and leaving. Completely forgetting that this event was taking place, a fellow in PVP told me that he was just coming out of there, so I rushed to the Marriott. I'm kinda ticked off that I missed it, but from what I saw in those quick 10 minutes the thing looked fun. Too bad I left my wallet home maybe I could still have bought something in the last few seconds. :(

Ok in the next posts please write what you got(IE. show off please!) and how you couldn't restrain yourself. :mrgreen:

Well, I honestly wasn't planning on buying ANYTHING today, but it all started with a gift for Phil: a 400 scale North American 767-300.

All downhill from there.

Phil returned the gesture by surprising me with a very pretty Condor Limited Edition 757-300 (D-ABON <--look it up). So nice.

Then, I bought a 400 scale Pink Song (I already have a 150 scale from Phil, it was my first model)....and a GE Aircraft Engines 747-100: Flying Testbed with the GE115B engine as #2 (very cool, for MANY reasons)...my day, and funds ended with the US Airways A319 Retrojet in PSA colors.

It's worse than drugs....and more expensive! :?

TWA 747-100 Safty Instructions
    TWA DC-9 safty card
    airpolonia B737-400 safty card (mint)
    VARIG MD-11 safty card (poor condition)

Quote Originally Posted by Mellyrose
    It's worse than drugs....and more expensive! :?
    LOL, shopaholic!

Did you see any Hogan Wings 1:200 models? Another question, any LOT merchandise? I know Mel showed me a LX A321 but anymore Swiss thingies?

Nice Matt that's a really rare souvenir that Airpolonia safety card.

I saw this cool LOT t-shirt at the SkyShirts table. Other than that, I don't recall much.

Phil, it's been a long time. It was really good seeing you again after all this time!

I had a good time at the show, meeting some new people (cancidas and LGA777 and someone else, but I don't remember what his name was). I didn't stay for that long. Just went to check things out and I don't regret getting up so early in the morning on a Saturday for this. ;) It also helped a bunch that we had 22 departures. ;)

G-BOAD: I spoke with that chick in your pic for like half an hour. She used to be a model and a flight attendant for PA and she was promoting a few books she wrote. Even at her age, she's really beautiful and she's aged really well. Very nice lady too and I had an interesting time speaking with her. She's been to a lot of places and had a lot of cool stories to tell. Although she complained that the Newark show was bigger and better and this one was smaller than other ones across the country.

Needless to say, great time across the board and nice seeing Phil again and meeting some fellow NYC area enthusiasts.

Until we all meet again!

Lou