Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Your Thoughts

IFP, ISP, JFK, IGM, SAN, VCV, LGA, LAX, SEE, LAS
    Quote Originally Posted by mirrodie
    And you need to get your head out of Johan's lap!
    LOLOL, good one Mario. Not to mention your Ninja cat makes me laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by mellyrose
    you seem to be doing a sufficient job of penning the book yourself.
    Not really, just pointing out that uploading the same regi from the exact same angle from the same airport 5 times is pointless. Except to boost pic count and maybe to get your name in the "top uploaders" part of the home screen. I never have said how or what people should do. I find it a little needless to see the same pic 5 times with not so much as a angle change or a different motive or anything.
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol

Ok here are my thoughts on this topic, first I can't believe so much time was wasted on this topic today when it was such a nice day and you could have BEEN OUT SPOTTING!!!! j/k I agree with both Phil and Nick on the points they made. First, I like Phil believe everyone shoots and uploads for their own reasons, whatever reasons those are I don't care, everyone has their own personal choices and they should enjoy their hobby. As an example today I was spotting with someone from LA and he just loves the Euro stuff we see each and every time we go to JFK, he was shooting everything and I wasn't. But he loved what he was seeing and that's cool; all of us had a good time.

Nick has a point that there are people who shoot everything in the sky over and over and over and over again and upload it. My point from where I was coming from based off my own tastes is that it’s a waste. If you’re a professional photographer and not a newbie then you should have the good taste to limit what you upload if you know we’ve seen it before, self-screening needs to be done allot more.

I don’t believe in the same rule though for newbies. We have a lot of new guys here that have been taking some really good stuff, as an example Gordon has a really keen eye. Since he is limited to what he uploads when someone comes along and dumps 10 shots of an American 757 from Costco for example it pushes good unique and new photographers photos down the line where not everyone may get the chance to see them. Those are the motives I don't like. Is there a right or wrong answer? No there really isn't, the upload rules say you can upload what you like so hey go ahead. It comes down to basic manners. Take a look at what you have, what you’ve uploaded and ask yourself how does this contribute to the enjoyment of the hobby for others. There’s nothing wrong with shotting everything from an RJ to a Jumbo but this is hobby that is shared by many people, let everyone enjoy it.

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!
    THanks Nick, me really rike me ninja cat. :lol:

when it was such a nice day and you could have BEEN OUT SPOTTING!!!!

T-Bird76
    Needs to Post Less, Watch More Planes

Tom is the only one that actually follows the credo above his avatar. :)

Now if only I could gets me some typing lessons!

Hey wait a minute, you started this thread Tom!!! LOL
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187