Thread: Decent Shot?

Decent Shot?

Let me know what you think. My 7D's been acting up a little this past week. I'm on vacation this week and plan to hit LGA, JFK and possibly SWF this week.

How did you resize the photo? It looks a bit vertically stretched? From my perspective I prob wouldn't do anything with the shot, the light looks to be on the other side of the plane. Where did you take the shot from? Try to shoot with the sun behind you so the light is on the plane. This Sat I'll be out at JFK from sun up to sun down with some out of towners, feel free to join.

Hi Tom,

I was at the Home Depot at College Point yesterday for an hour (2-3PM). I was at a bad angle with the sun as the liners were landing. It was still a lot of fun watching them fly over my head. I felt like I was in Wayne's World!
    I did free transform the photo and I thought it looked a little strecthed too. Still learning PS2, still not JP or Anet ready though.
    I'm up for Saturday at JFK. Maybe we can get a group of people. Let me know what time.
    I'm going to head back to LGA tomorrow and SWF on Wednesday. Do you know any good spots there?

No clue about SWF but as far as LGA check the spotting maps Phil has posted. Runway 4 is good in the morning till about 11, then in the afternoon the World's Fair Marina is very good for 31, you can stay in your car if its cold and jump out to get pics or relax on the park benches if the weather is good. If LGA is on 4 or 22 in the afternoon don't bother, there's no good spots. As for Sasturday I'll be out at sunrise to sundown, providing the runways are good I have some goals of some birds I want.

I hear you on the lighting at that time of day. I started out at the park, way too windy, then saw the pattern change to 31/13 so I headed that way.
    Sounds good for Saturday, I'd like to get a few decent shots of the Finair/Fed Ex & possibly World MD/DC's. I just love those planes!