Thread: Etihad today!

Etihad today!

It's 10/26 which means Etihad starts first ever nonstop service between JFK and AUH with A340-500, please somebody get a pic!

Nothing showing up on the trackers yet :( This will make this one that much harder.

Senga

I was looking out for it over ym house I did not catch it
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

ETD503 leaves AUH at 14:15 local which is 06:15 here and arrives JFK T4 at 21:25

Here's a link to an article in the local english language paper (Gulf News) about the sendoff of today's flight, with pic. Apparently they associate NYC (or more likely, America) with pom-poms...

http://archive.gulfnews.com/articles/06 ... 77550.html

IFP, ISP, JFK, IGM, SAN, VCV, LGA, LAX, SEE, LAS
    and arrives JFK T4 at 21:25
    Hope someone has a very bright flash on their camera. :mrgreen: It will be a bit dark.

Mike M is probably camping out there waiting!
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol

Couldn't find her on Flytecomm or Flightaware but hoping Mike M got a shot if she did indeed arrive, I'm guessing the flight hasn't been programmed into the tracking systems yet.

PA website shows inbound flight as cancelled but outbound scheduled -- under "Eagle Air". Anyone know what really went on with this?

I was at JFK from 8:0pm-11pm......whata total waste.

I had to leave cause I have to get ready for a trip to Washington.

Senga

Senga - Does that mean it was indeed cancelled? Any info? At least you tried, thanks for giving it a shot. If anyone knows the situation please post it, all I know is what's written here already.

I just heard Etihad on the damn scanner pulling out of 11,000 for higher. He was on departure....I don't know what time it came in but it must have parked where it wasnt shootable and came in before I got there.
    Senga

Thanks for the update Senga, at least we know she was there. I will be at T4 Sunday night for EK to Hamburg so will have a look for Etihad as she should be there same time. Would be curious what the loads will be like for EY, I am sure they stuffed the inaugural with dignitaries and such but as a former AUH expat I wonder what the ultimate demand for nonstop service from NY is.