Thread: Alitalia new colors

Alitalia new colors

Blendi on Balt-Wash group posted a link to AZA's new/ MODIFIED colors.
    heres the link.
    http://www.aviazionecivile.it/forum/...47&whichpage=4

Since I don't speak Italian the pix are worth a thousand words :)

Senga

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! I want the old stuff back more classy!!!!!!!! Hey at least they kept the cheatline thoughs thats grade A in my book than
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

I speak Italian! In AP Italian this year, my sixth year.. let me have a go..

Basically they're asking when will it enter service and will the new livery only be with the MD-80 right now (and the Airbuses later).

It also states: <<Mi mancava la coda, ma per il resto l'ho beccato stamattina dall'esterno, quindi foto libera da censure !! Eccolo>>

It says, "I don't have the tail, but this morning I got the rest of the exterior, so the picture is free of censorship. Here it is!"

I'm actually going to Italy with my AP Italian class the first week of April. If I'm lucky, maybe I'll get a shot of a new colors AZA while at the airport.
    Christos

Does not look like a radical change. Guess I'll need to see a real photo, not a speculative one before I get all up in arms about it.

From what I can see I like it a lot. It's a nice refresh of the old design.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

fly.mcs,
    Can you describe how the people in the thread responded to the photos? Do they like the modified colors or did they have a gaze of horror?
    I icons that are both happy and sad but I don't know.
    Senga

Holy mother of God!

Here we go again, yet another airline taking their symbol/logo and making it "super sized"

Its stupid, and this strategy only ever worked "OK" on Continental.
    Take United, no one really knows "what the hell is that on the tail?!"

Alitalia is, or was, a great example of Good Taste Never Goes Out of Style"

Hope it don't stay.
    "my finger on the shutter button, while my eye is over my shoulder"

Alitalia's scheme is simply elegant and should not be changed. It looked good on everything they flew, no need to change it. Plus with all their problems this should be the last thing on their mind.

Senga, mixed reactions. But of what I went through:

<<A questo punto più che una nuova livrea mi sembra un abbassamento di quella attuale con l'aggiunta della pancia grigia!! ...>> - At this point, a new livery seems a lowering of the present scheme with the joining/adding of a gray belly!!

I don't see a gray belly though..

And another person said, <<...voglio vederlo tutto intero!>> - I want to see the whole thing.

Most of the responses are that the people want to see more pictures, or the livery as a whole (with the fuselage and tail together in the pic)
    Christos

Link To Image

Here's a link to an A.net picture. Now, I'm a fan of curves, and prefer them over lines and angles, so I don't really think this update is that bad. However my opinion might change when it's put onto a larger aircraft. Many liveries look better or worse depending on which aircraft they're on.
    Nick S. @ EWR

The original was timeless Italian design, still looks fresh today. This one looks like the decals are sliding off the plane, everything moved down a few feet from the cheatline to the stylized A on the tail. Quite a few things at Alitalia need a makeover but livery wasn't one of them in my opinion.

As posted on a.net:

This new livery is like AZ's management style, it looks better but nothing really changed