Thread: Boeing 737 with loose skinplate?!

Boeing 737 with loose skinplate?!

Hi all,

I took this picture at Ansterdam about a month ago.
    It seems a skinplate just before the engine is loose...

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=5840097

What do you think?

Cheers,
    Joop
    See:
    My photos at Jetphotos.net
    Joop Stroes @ Jetphotos
    My photos at Airliners.net
    Joop Stroes @ Airliners.net

I don't think it's anything coming loose....as I'm sure that would make the aircraft instantly lose its airworthiness. Jut a mark of some kind.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Again!?

Joop, why do you ALLWAYS have to self plug your photo's? You don't only do it here but at scramble.nl as well where it got some heavy comment. In my opinion a good photo shouldn't need to be plugged, let alone self plugged. What are you trying to achieve here?

Jurgen

I do not think it is a loose skin plate to be honest maybe aa flaking layer of paint but that may be about it.
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

You'll get more of a buzz if you plug yourself in a wall socket.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil D.
    :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

Quote Originally Posted by Phil D.
    been there, done that (although with 380V iso the US 110V ;).

Sorry for my ignorance but what is "Plugging"?
    nwa FOREVER!

Well, to plug your photos means to link to them somewhere.

A more extreme case here, TallDutch seems to have started this thread with the sole intention of getting members to click on his photo for more hits.

Ahh ok, I guess I understand.

Is TallDutch known for doing this? I don't understand why people would do that. I don't take photos so people will see them, I take them for my own personal enjoyment. Getting them on JP.net or A.net is just a goal that I would have AFTER I take the picture to get my pictures to the standards needed for those sites. If they don't accept them, fine, that's great. I take the photos for the pure enjoyment of taking them, not to get them accepted on the sites.
    nwa FOREVER!

Dear all (especially Jurgen),

Let me be very clear on this one.
    Firstly,
    I learned in the meantime that this loose plate which I thought it was seemed to be an airintake on the Boeing 737NG. I wasn't aware of that change compared to the older 737.

Secondly,
    On this forum there is a special post where you can link photo's of your latest uploads on JP, A.net and whatever site so I don't see what the problem is when I put a link of my photo and NOBODY is whining there that anybody is putting links of his/her photo's. Only some Dutch guys on Dutch sites are nagging about this... :evil:

Thirdly (and this in my opinion the most important one),
    Nobody is OBLIGED to click on my link or anyone else's link so if you are annoyed by someone from who you think is 'plugging' his/her photo's just IGNORE it!!

I've explained the above to some Dutch guys in PM's on this Dutch site as well and now they understand and apologized.

I apologize for reacting like this but I get a bit tired of these comments. Once again, if you don't want to click on the link, don't do it! Simple as that!

Cheers,
    Joop
    See:
    My photos at Jetphotos.net
    Joop Stroes @ Jetphotos
    My photos at Airliners.net
    Joop Stroes @ Airliners.net

Quote Originally Posted by TallDutch
    Secondly, On this forum there is a special post where you can link photo's of your latest uploads on JP, A.net and whatever site so I don't see what the problem is when I put a link of my photo and NOBODY is whining there that anybody is putting links of his/her photo's.
    And that is the BEST place to show off your work, Joop! :)

We try to discourage too many new threads with the "look at my newest shots" though we totally recognize that it's important and normal to want to show off your work, and that's why that sticky thread was created in the first place.

I think a few people just felt like they got "tricked" into clicking the link, and that's why you got the reaction that you did. I'm not sure about the other boards you speak of, but I don't think we share many of the same members.

IFP, ISP, JFK, IGM, SAN, VCV, LGA, LAX, SEE, LAS
    I don't think Joop was self plugging at all. I mean the guy has over 1500 views on anet. Do you really think he needs to generate views here? The guy asked an honest question. I am also suprised Phil would make a claim like he did in the open here. Especally to a newcomer to the site.
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol

joop are you refering to the top of the fuse.? or the grey thing below the window? if it is below the window thats a static port

I make it a priority to welcome all newcomers to the site.

However, the post that I made above was a comment form Phil the member, not Phil the Administrator.

My personal opinion is/was that the question was posed to attract a few more hits. I thought this because it's evidenced that the question has been asked on multiple boards, and because it to be posted in the Photography forum as opposed to the General Discussion forum, which is where an aviaiton question would be.

BUT, if he insists that's not the case, then I'll go ahead and give him the benefit of the doubt. No fight from me. No hard feelings here. It wasn't anything that bothered me, but I just felt like making a little joke, and I hope people have their senses humor out of the uptight position. ;)

Joop, hope you still feel welcome here.

-Phil