Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Plane Crash Halloween Display Alarms Cops

Plane Crash Halloween Display Alarms Cops

For Halloween, an L.A. aircraft mechanic in training has strategically placed a bunch of large Gulfstream chunks in his yard to make it look like a plane crash scene. It looks real enough for the cops to think something had happened.

Story, with photos and video: http://www.kfmb.com/stories/story.67179.html
    Reuters photo: http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u ... 877712.jpg
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

I don't agree with this. Maybe in a museum where people voluntarily go to see it, but those people didn't ask for that on their street. It's nothing to make and exhibit of. Tasteless.

IFP, ISP, JFK, IGM, SAN, VCV, LGA, LAX, SEE, LAS
    Leave it to someone in LA. Totally tasteless and stupid.
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol

An aircraft mechanic making light of plane crashes deserves some kind of *********gery award.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

What I want to know is how the heck he got the vertical stab to his house and lifted like so against the side of the house.
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!
    But we can make light of death and gore under the heading of Halloween?

Bodies, mummies, knives? etc?

C'mon, all he is doing is putting a contemporary spin on the antics of Halloween, isn't he?

Some years ago, a family in Long island inspired the same negative feedback after they decorated their house to look like DAHMER's DINER and I am sure you could imagine what they looked like. The house faced the local high school.

Did it get press? Yes, expecially since it was only a year or 2 after Jeffery Dahmer was caught. In poor taste? Probably.
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187

Quote Originally Posted by mirrodie
    C'mon, all he is doing is putting a contemporary spin on the antics of Halloween,
    By placing parts of a plane on his lawn to make it look like a plane crash?

I don't see it
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!
    Halloween....gore, scary thoughts, fear.

plane accident....gore, scary thoughts, fear.

I don't expect you to see it.
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187

I don't expect you to see it.
    The eye doctor would know best.

Honestly, I think it's ingenious. Granted, it's extreme, but I've seen Halloween displays that are much more bloody and grisly. This guy was just able to do something creative.

I can understnad if people find it to be offensive, I'm not saying it isn't, but it doesn't bother me and I can appreciate it as a unique HAlloween scene.

I have seenblood-soaked lawns, trails leading to a pile of bodies.....mostly fake ones....with a residents laying there moving and reaching out to trick-or-treaters asking for help. It's insane, but I think that's a part of Halloween.

If we were just off the cusp of a huge plane crash or something, I'd say maybe the timing is bad, but we're not (The Corey Lidle thing does not qualify to me).
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Phil, I agree that it's very creative....but just out of place and disrespectful being on a public street. Like I said, if it were an exhibit as part of a haunted house and not in such open view, I'd see it as a much more acceptable display.

Disrespectful to who?

Halloween is actually the second most popular holiday, and the fastest growing (I don't know how it beat Turkey Day, but oh well). Hwo do people celebrate it? They make scary scenes on their front lawn. Deocrations get bigger and more popular every year the same way people hang Xmas lights.

How is this more inappropriate than a murder scene, which seems to be the norm?
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

but it is alright to have mummies etc etc out there?
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

I think it is kind of funny. Just because plane crashes kill people it is tasteless? The grim reaper kills people, so does Jason, Lucifer is pretty freaky but the vertical stab of a G2 is disrespectful? Not seeing it sorry.

Halloween....gore, scary thoughts, fear.
    Yes, Haunted Houses, Ghouls and Ghosts and Vampires and such, MAKE BELIEVE!

plane accident....gore, scary thoughts, fear.
    Yes real life, innocent people dying, grief!

Quote Originally Posted by hiss srq
    but it is alright to have mummies etc etc out there
    I am going out on a limb here but you know mummies are not real right?